• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What is Offline Database icon on website

electricjungle

I recently noticed AnyDVD Offline Database icon when I downloaded the lastest version of AnyDVD HD.

I have a AnyDVD license. I don't work with Bluray. Just regular DVD's.

Please explain what I need to use the offline database for.

AnyDVD needs an online connection for some discs. The offline database contains all known keys, except UHD BDs. So if you install it, you don't need an online connection anymore.

But since you only work with DVDs, you won't need it.

I will get corrected by other users if I understood something wrong, but I am pretty sure it contains all BD keys.

Last edited:
If you had clicked the (i) to the left of the "AnyDVD Offline Database (70mb)" you would have opened up this discussion:

As James said on 28 October 2019:
This is an optional database containing Blu-ray discs, which are not included in the AnyDVD application to keep the download size small.
AnyDVD 8.3.5.0 or newer is required to use this database.

This database is NOT required, if you have an online connection.
Regular Blu-ray discs, not 4K UHDs.

And the file is a one-time download, will likely never be updated. As well as being about 5 years old and out of date for BD discs.

If you are concerned go ahead and download it, it is only 70MB, install it and then forget all about the file ever again.

Last edited:
Back