• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What HD video Editor to use?

ptol_soft

I would like to know what HD video editor software may I use. I want mainly the following features:
- Trimming of m2ts files keeping the original quality (e.g. the same bit rate and the same format).
- If possible, a software that can procces file without re-encoding. Re-encoding requires a lot of CPU proccesing and therefore a lot of time.
- I don`t mind if this software is not free.
Thank you in advance for your help.

It depends on what the m2ts file is.
Are they mpeg2, VC-1 or h264?
What kind of audio do they have?

I work with all video codecs (VC1, H264, etc) and all sound codec (Dolby digital Plus, Dolby digital HD, DTS HD Master Audio,etc). That's what I need a good HD file editor

Well I don't know of any editing program that'll let you take in the files with those audio codecs.
As to the video codecs, none of the major editing software will support editing of VC-1 properly, h264 can be taken into most modern editing programs although depending on the specs of your system it may be slow to edit.

It sounds more like you want an m2ts cutter/splitter than an editor as any editing software will re-encode when you output

I use a program called "Transport Stream Packet Editor" to remove commercials from captured HD content from my Hauppauge PC HD PVR. I think you get a 20-30 day fully functional trial period, then you can purchase it for about $60 US. It cuts and removes unwanted video better than any program I ever used. Here is a description of the software from their website:
A fast, capable, straightforward non-linear Editor and Analyser for transport streams (.ts and .m2ts) - e.g. AVCHD camcorder, recorded TV, etc. Can edit (cut) commercials from captured sources with assisted commercial detection. Advanced technical features for expert users. Wide compatibility with input stream types and sources. Supported Video Formats: MPEG2, H.264, VC-1. Supported Audio Formats: Dolby Digital AC-3/Plus/Lossless, MLP, DTS, DTS HD/HD-MA, AAC, MPEG1, MPEG2,PCM
Let me know how it works for you. Good Luck, Nova935

In fact what I need most is a splitter or cutter software, mainly with the purpose of removing the advertisements. So the software recommended by nova935 may be suitable. I will go to its web and search deeper if it may be useful for me. Mainly what I want is tha the editor doesn't use a transcoder process because this will make very slow this work. I want the same way of working that Clone DVD2 does with DVD files. Clone DVD2 is excellent because allows you, with the appropiate settings, to disconnect the transcoder and so the process is quite quicker.
Thank you very much for your suggestions

try vrd v4 beta

try videoredo.com version 4 beta, goto the forum area and get the latest beta. I use it on mpeg2 files they are adding h264 and mkv support.

+1 for VideoReDo TVSuite H.264 although I don't think you need to worry about beta releases. The latest commercial version (build 600) works just fine with the m2ts files from my Hauppauge HD PVR.
30 day free trial here: http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm

Back