• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What does the error PS 18 mean?

ChirpingBirdy

Hello people, I have been a Slysoft user for many years now, and I am having my first problem with AnyDVD.

I just did a fresh install of XP with service pack 3 - 2 days ago.

After installing AnyDVD and Clonedvd I discovered that it can not rip any dvds to the hard drive, and Clonedvd gives the error message can not copy copy-protected discs. When ever I try to rip to the hard drive it give an error message 'PS 18' (see attached picture). I tried ripping a backup dvd that had no protection on it and that worked fine.

To be clear I have tried to copy and rip 5 different DVDs all were failures. I then tried it on another machine and it worked perfectly.

I have the latest version of anydvdHD and clonedvd, I have tried enabling aggressive mode, I double checked to see if the drives were all region 1, and I have uninstalled and reinstalled - no joy.

I can't figure out why it is not working. It worked fine with the Win 7 beta that I was running on this same machine 3 days ago (the beta ran out that is why I reinstalled the XP).

I hope one of you smart people out there has the solution- besides buying Win 7!

/cb

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.2.4_Info_E_Yu-Gi-Oh vol 13.zip
    64 KB · Views: 8
  • AnyDVD rip Error message.jpg
    AnyDVD rip Error message.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 13
Might try uninstalling AnyDVD, reboot, install AnyDVD, reboot, and try the movie again. Sounds like something with AnyDVD didn't get installed correctly. Remember to back-up your AnyDVD "key" before the uninstall.

Leave the AnyDVD settings on default.

Last edited:
Thanks for replying mmDavis!

I did trying uninstalling and rebooting AnyDVD and CLoneDVD2- I did it twice. First time I used the AnyDVD uninstaller - reboot - reinstall - still did not work. Then I uninstalled it using the Revo Uninstaller - reboot - reinstall - no joy!

The only other thing I can think of is the anti virus (Microsoft Security Essentials) and the anti-malware (Malwarebytes) if either of these could be causing some kind of problem. I have tried deactivating both these program and it still didn't work, but I haven't tried uninstalling them yet.

I would still love to know what the error code 'PS 18' means...

/cb

Not sure but could it be that -
Code:
CDROM Class UpperFilters:
SiRemFil (system32\DRIVERS\SiRemFil.sys), Version: 1.1.8.0 (1.1.8.0)
Company: Silicon Image, Inc
Product: eSATA Removable drive filter driver
Copyright: Copyright © 2005-2007 Silicon Image, Inc
Description: Filter driver for Silicon Image SATALink controllers.
Trademarks: SATALink is a trademark or registered trademark of Silicon Image, Inc.
FileVersion: 1.1.8.0
ProductVersion: 1.1.8.0
Comments: Filter driver that can mark drives attached to Silicon Image SATA controllers as removable devices.

is installed? I know that webslinger stated at one time that this filter or one like it can or did cause issues if I remember right.

Have you tried all your drives to rip?

Thanks for helping Charlie and MikeR!

Unfortunately, I wasn't certain how to remove filters so I first tried to uninstall the nforce system driver which I remember replaced my hard drive drivers with it own driver, but after I did so I toasted my XP install :(

Upon reboot it hung with a nvatabus.sys is missing or corrupted.

Anyway reinstall XP was not a big deal, but what I did this time when I installed the Nforce system drivers I told it not to replace the hard drive drivers.

It seems to be working now - no more error 'PS 18'.

Just for the knowledge - how do you remove filters? I Googled it but did not find anything too helpful.

Thanks again for taking the time to help me.

CB

you click the link mike_r gave you, it tells you how to remove filters.

Back