• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What Does CloneBD Use DirectX For?

ritchiej

I have not been checking the option to install DirectX and CloneBD seems to work fine. Am I losing features or sacrificing trans coding speed by not installing it?

I also checked and DirectX is not installed on my PC.

Thanks!

Trust me, DX IS installed on your system but not the way you think. It's not a separate program. It's PART of windows. Though I can't confirm your compromising speeds, it is a possibility as directX is used by cloneBD in one form or another.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Appreciate the reply. I'm not a gamer so I should have did a bit more investigation before asking such a novice question. I'm running Windows 7 SP1 and as you said DirectX 11 is built-in so I suspect I'm good :)

Yes and no, you really should let it install DirectX. This because certain DLL files may be different/missing between the Dx11 and the one cloneBD does. Although it says it will install, the directX install procedure itself first checks of the install is needed before it starts the actual install. If it actually installs, AFAIK it only adds the parts needed. There's no harm in letting it install, you really should.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Back