• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What can we expect from slysoft next

If I had to make an uneducated guess, I'd say they're working on several things. A player software so we can replace PowerDVD once and for all. Probably with reclock built in or as an add on. I'm guessing they're probably working on a new version of CloneDVD Mobile that will support BD. Probably a new CloneBD of some type, as well. These are all guesses and I have absolutely no idea of they're really working on any of these things, but, if I were them that's what I'd be working on. :)

If I had to make an uneducated guess, I'd say they're working on several things. A player software so we can replace PowerDVD once and for all. Probably with reclock built in or as an add on. I'm guessing they're probably working on a new version of CloneDVD Mobile that will support BD. Probably a new CloneBD of some type, as well. These are all guesses and I have absolutely no idea of they're really working on any of these things, but, if I were them that's what I'd be working on. :)

I hope if they go through the trouble of supporting scruray that they'd still implement support for HD as it's nearly identical to CH-DVD and I'm loving both versions of the superior "high definition" format. Long live HD DVD in all its incarnations!

I hope if they go through the trouble of supporting scruray that they'd still implement support for HD as it's nearly identical to CH-DVD and I'm loving both versions of the superior "high definition" format. Long live HD DVD in all its incarnations!
Is CH-DVD being sold anywhere in the West now that Wal-Mart dropped HD-DVD and the Venturer line? (CH-DVD is the Chinese version of HD-DVD for those who don't know).

Is CH-DVD being sold anywhere in the West now that Wal-Mart dropped HD-DVD and the Venturer line? (CH-DVD is the Chinese version of HD-DVD for those who don't know).

They're starting to show up on Amazon's various sites. HKFlix and YesAsia both had some as well. They're selling much faster than HD DVD did. Which is really cool because I always preferred the HD DVD format over Blu Ray, though I still like HVD the best of the HD formats.
It will probably be a while before we start seeing the resurgence of CH-DVD and HD DVD but the fact that there's about a dozen titles now, and they've all sold out from each vendor the same week they came out/were available, it's a sign that the biggest issues were in the prices, not the format. Players run around 100 USD, and the discs are all less than 25USD (about 30-40 when import fees and taxes are paid). Still less than the average 40USD price for most Blu Ray discs on day one. HD DVD players were 200+, and for $300, you can get a used/opened PS3 from most stores, BR included. That's what had pushed BR over the top. Not quality of format but price.

Back