• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

What about temporarily disabling virtual drives within a game profile?

mimamue

Hi all,

it seems that many of us have the problem that some games using SECUROM additionally check if there's any virtual CD emulating software running (even if this is not emulating the game itself) and then GameJackal doesn't work until that emulating sofware (like VirtualCD, Alcohol 120%, etc.) is deactivated.

My idea would be that it should be an option for a game profile to temporarily deactivate the desired emulating SW, and to reactivate it after GameJackal stops the game. This could simply be done by telling GameJackal the exe-file of the emulating SW, so GameJackal could abort this task, run the game, and after stopping the game, restart the exe-file.

Is there any mistake in my idea, or could this really be a great option for future versions of GameJackal???

Thanks for giving my idea a chance,
cheers,
Michael

That is a very interesting idea... we'll take a look at how it could be implemented :clap:

That is a very interesting idea... we'll take a look at how it could be implemented :clap:

Hmm, I think you could just scan the installed software and/or look for certain processes running.

Best Regards,
BurnerHEAD

This suggestion definitely has my support. At the very least it would be nice to temporarily disable Virtual CloneDrive. In fact, I asked for such a feature quite some time ago: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=23047. It would be amazingly useful to disable the virtual drive during the profile creation and when a profile is being run. Of course, this could be made optional.

Last edited:
In looking at this... we are thinking of giving a profile the ability to run one or more command line scripts.

In looking at this... we are thinking of giving a profile the ability to run one or more command line scripts.

Hi Matthew,

thanks a lot for your effort already taken!

But I hope the solution won't be too complicated for us users...

Currently I guess I might still be able to *start* a task via command line, but to be honest, I don't know at all how to abort a task via command line...

So I would really appreciate a little bit "usability" like e.g. a selection box to specify the exe-file of the emulating tool, which should be A) deactivated BEFORE and B) reactivated AFTER running the GameJackal profile.

How does this sound like?

Cheers,
Michael

Back