• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Western Digital HD Media Player

landoncube

Hello and thanks in advance for discussion.

WD says that iso's are not technically supported, but many will play.

This is something that I can certainly confirm.

VERY NEAT little unit. I have purchased about 30 BD movies and ripped them to external hard drives for back up purposes.

Instead of buying Blu Ray players for every room of the house, I would love to have these micro devices that I can hook up.

My iso's ALL play! Audio problems confound, however.

Many audio tracks show as 'UNSUPPORTED AUDIO" when the movie starts. Others work, and allow on-the-fly selection and change of audio language and commentary, etc. This is certainly my favorite aspect of the iso files. The total package of the entire disc.

Any similar experiences out there?

I have said it many times here. Great little product. The unsupported audio only appears if you are you using anything other than AC3. It seems it can only decode AC3 and below when going to a stereo input such as straight to a TV. Things like DTS will play you just need to use the optical out in order to hear anything.

I do not know about HD audio since I have no way of testing that. It does use the DTS core of a DTS MA track so it may be possible for it to pass HD audio. Do not know.

Last edited:
wait a minute somebody says iso is working (video part)
how did u use the iso image as a mounting with vcd ...?

if so we are close ac3 works fine i know that maybe we can request the firmware update

iso works

Hello.

iso works for me. I just rip to image (to my external hard drive storage.) Plug it in to the WD HD TV and it opens automatically.

Looks like I need to buy a Soundbar and a AVR for the bedroom set up and I will be ready to rock!

Does the external hard drivie matter

I am looking at buying a portable drive but seagate are cheaper than wd. Does anybody know if any advantages exist by buying a wd external opposed to seagate
________
Creampie German

Last edited by a moderator:
I noticed on the western digital web site concerning the WDTV player says the western digital passport portable drives are "optimized" for the player but also works with many "other mass storage devices."

I purchased and use a 320gb seagate free agent go for use with the WDTV and it works great with no problems. I don't see anything written about what the advantage is using a western digital passport drive compared to any other usb mass storage device.

Last edited:
did not find one drive

It is a 1 Terabyte Seagate external USB enclosure and wondering if that is because of a seagate drive
________
Honda j engine

If you go to western digital's web site, click on support and then downloads and find the firmware update for the wdtv if you haven't tried that already. The new firmware version was supposed to fix recognizing drives larger than 500 gb.

I have another question about managing multiple movies

I am probably grasping at straws but I will try anyhow.

Has anyone been successful in managing multiple movies since the device disssolves folder/directory structures.

Also the different files for the same movie are different sizes but they all seem to play the movie the same.
________
Ninfomana

How do I create 1 file for ease of viewing

I am sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times but I use nero 9 and now that I have wd tv I have been playing with the arcsoft media converter 2.5. Any info would be great and advice. Thanks

I am sure this has been asked and answered a thousand times but I use nero 9 and now that I have wd tv I have been playing with the arcsoft media converter 2.5. Any info would be great and advice. Thanks

I tried the arcsoft that came with the wdtv and my opinion clone cd, clone dvd mobile and clone dvd really surpass the arcsoft. You just have to experiment a little and see what works best for you. I use clone dvd mobile for vob files and clone cd and clone dvd for iso files.

Back