• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Weird Problem with "Mai Wei"

jpmccusa

When trying to back this up, tried to rip to hard disc with one of my drives but I was told it wasn't ready even though looking at the status of the disc it seemed to be ready to go. I'm attaching a logfile and two screen captures: it seems it can't make up its mind whether there is structural copy protection or not, as you can see from the screen captures. The one where structural protection was detected was with AnyDVD in default; the other was with the I/O warning disabled and with search for updates disabled.

Attachments

• MaiWeiAAA.jpg
    MaiWeiAAA.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 11
  • MaiWeiBBB.jpg
    MaiWeiBBB.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 11
  • AnyDVD_7.1.7.0_Info_E_My way D5 (Korean).zip
    78.3 KB · Views: 5
A couple of things:

1. You are behind on your AnyDVD version, AnyDVD HD 7.1.8.0 Final has been released.

2. By the look of the status from your provided AnyDVD log (thanks!) you might not need AnyDVD to be running/active when you try backing this up, AnyDVD might actually be interfering with the disc since there are no apparent protections. Try exiting or disabling AnyDVD and doing a Windows copy from the disc to your HD. If that fails then the disc is more than likely bad or your drive just doesn't like that particular disc.

Thanks --- the update did the trick...not sure why, since there didn't seem to be any changes in the DVD part of the program, just Blue-Ray?

Thanks --- the update did the trick...not sure why, since there didn't seem to be any changes in the DVD part of the program, just Blue-Ray?

Right. Just a coincidence. It is a flaky disc, which sometimes is read correctly, sometimes not.

When trying to back this up, tried to rip to hard disc with one of my drives but I was told it wasn't ready even though looking at the status of the disc it seemed to be ready to go. I'm attaching a logfile and two screen captures: it seems it can't make up its mind whether there is structural copy protection or not, as you can see from the screen captures. The one where structural protection was detected was with AnyDVD in default; the other was with the I/O warning disabled and with search for updates disabled.

The settings have no effect at all. Leave them alone (read the help, if you like).
Just a coincidence. It is a flaky disc, which sometimes is read correctly, sometimes not.

Back