• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Wd tv

Custom King

I bought WD TV, and was wondering if anyone else is using this and what format you are using?

Play around with the settings and see what you like best. The good thing about that player is it will play just about any format you choose. I have yet to get one myself but want one.

Love it. Have not had any issues with it at all. I have two HDDs I use it with, one with DVD rips converted to mp4 (will also work with iso), then another for BRs in .m2ts.

wdtv

I bought WD TV, and was wondering if anyone else is using this and what format you are using?
I have found iso's made with clone dvd 2 to work best. I choose the dual layer setting since you are not restricted to size. Also, virtual clone drive works great if you ever need your wdtv based content back to a dvd.

I purchased the MASH tv series dvd's some time ago and was experimenting transferring those to the wdtv and found that using vob passthru on dvd mobile works best. I have seen other threads that say video under 30 minutes in length it is best to use vob passthru using dvd mobile. You just have seperate multiple vob files on your wdtv.

I've had mine a few weeks now. I have found it to be a bit finicky from time to time...not seeing some files, etc. It stays on all the time (even when you turn it off) so usually unplugging it and plugging it back in helps. If you just rip to hard drive you will often not get the English audio stream off Blue-ray...I have used Clown BD after I rip to the HD to remedy this, but I have yet to master getting the subtitles to appear. This guide in the Slysoft forum really helped me get the English audio to convert for the WD HD TV, but not the subtitles: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=25818&highlight=subtitles

I'm not sure it supports subtitles im m2ts files (my TVIX doesn't). I download mine from opensubtitles as I'm too lazy to convert to text format.

The reason why you have problems with the sound is that as far as I can see there is no DTS support (yet), so you have to convert to AC3 every time.

It does have DTS support you just have to use the optical.

Subtitles per website
Please note that you will need to have the subtitles as a separate .srt file in the same folder as the video file in order for the WD TV to play them. If you don't have a separate .srt subtitle file, but instead have the subtitles embedded into the video file, you will need to use a third-party program to extract them to a file with the ASS, SMI, SRT, SSA, or SUB extension. See the link below for more information:
Title: Wikipedia - SubRip
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SubRip

The WDTV supports the follow subtitle types:

Western Europe (ISO)
Traditional Chinese (Big5)
Simplified Chinese (GB18030)
Japanese (Shift-JIS)
Korean (EUC-KR)
Cyrillic (Windows-1251))
Cyrillic (KOI8-R))
Greek (ISO)

I've had mine a few weeks now. I have found it to be a bit finicky from time to time...not seeing some files, etc. It stays on all the time (even when you turn it off) so usually unplugging it and plugging it back in helps. If you just rip to hard drive you will often not get the English audio stream off Blue-ray...I have used Clown BD after I rip to the HD to remedy this, but I have yet to master getting the subtitles to appear. This guide in the Slysoft forum really helped me get the English audio to convert for the WD HD TV, but not the subtitles: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=25818&highlight=subtitles

I gave clone cd a try using the iso ouput on regular dvd's and seems to work pretty good. The subtitles are there along with the multiple audio tracks. Haven't made the leap to bluray yet.

Yes. I have no issues with DVD in any way, works like a charm. BR subtitles are another story.

Can't Wait!

Mine should be here Tuesday. Glad to hear it works with iso's. Wasn't eager to transcode all my discs into divx.

I have one and it's played pretty much anything you thro at it, I have a mix of vobs (Single vob per movie), Iso's and avi's, MKV, and MP4, no problem playing anything, and with the latest FW, you can use thumbnails on any type of file, just keep them small for easier loading...

Thats about the only issue I have with it. It doesnt show thumbnails with pictures for me.

Thats about the only issue I have with it. It doesnt show thumbnails with pictures for me.

I installed the pre-release version firmware 1.02.03 for the wdtv and the thumbnails are there with my vob and iso files. The trick is naming the files the same: mymovie.iso and mymovie.jpg with the exception of the extension of course - Both of these files, the .iso file and the .jpg file need to reside in the same folder. I just created one folder for all my iso and jpg files. The thumbnail I believe has to be a .jpg file.

Last edited:
Back