• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Watchmen Director's Cut BD-Live problem

twinpeaks

HI,

When I rip Watchmen - Director's Cut, with 'disable bd-live' checked, which auto-checks the remove the adverts/trailers, don't get a popup menu, but I do get the sound.

If I uncheck bd-live, get the adverts/trailers but I still get no popup.

Is there a option to get these popup menus?

Why can't I enable bd-live but disabled ads and trailers?

Please don't hijack other people's threads. (Especially mine! :p LOL)

Now, on to the problem. First, checking disable bd-live should NOT auto-check the remove adverts and trailers option. It's the other way around, and yes, this matters. BD-Live will not work with the modifications needed to remove the ads/trailers. IMO, BD-Live is a useless technology that should never have been created, but, that's not the point. :)

Second, the remove ads/trailer option is not guaranteed to work in all cases. Especially on BD-J titles, which I'm quite sure Watchmen is. (I'm too lazy to get up and put it in right now).

Now, with all that out of the way, what "popup menu" are you referring to?? Also, we need a bit more information, as well. What player are you using to watch this movie? PDVD7/8/9? TMT2/3? That also makes a difference.

TMNT 3 Platinum. The popup menu is the little yellow text that pops up on the bottom of the screen while the menu plays that allows you to jump scenes and select Maximum Movie Mode and setup and a few other options at the bottom as you the movie still plays. I do remember a box that said that this particular movie did not support a mouse, and did I want to enable Arcsoft mouse support. I did hit yes. When I select popup menu from the Arcsoft menu it plays the sound but there's no menu.

I'm not seeing this behavior. I put the disc in just for you. I turn on the option to disable ads/trailers and it works fine for me. What version of AnyDVD are you using? What version of TMT3 are you using?

Hi, thanks for your response. Are you getting the yellow popup menu that has the Watchmen font on the lower part of the screen? That is my only problem - the movie looks and sounds great.

Totalmedia Theater 3 Platinum 3.0.1.150

AnyDVD 6.6.0.7

Yes, I have no problem with the menu at all. I just select popup menu from the TMT menu options and up it comes. No issues with any of the settings in AnyDVD that I tried. I hope that's a typo in the version and you really meant 160, not 150. Yes?

Do you have BD-Live enabled in the TMT3 settings? I uncheck that myself.

ok, let me ask you - what are you doing to bring that menu up? Mouse, keyboard, if so which key?

On my laptop I just use the mouse and there's a menu button on the tmt3 toolbar that comes up at the bottom. Click that, select popup menu, and wala, works fine.

Ok I figured it out. I'm not crazy !! :bang:

If I open the file through Windows Media Center (using Totalmedia inside there) I get the sound but I do not get the popup menu .

When I open the file directly in Totalmedia, I do get the popup menu. It doesn't seem to be usable though, unless i just haven't figured out the keystrokes.

May not be an AnyDVD thing.

Looking for the best and easiest couch-experience here. I can live without the menu as the functions are duplicable via airless mouse. But it's just not quite as easy with a simple remote.

So the 10' UI has issues? Fascinating. Sounds like it could be a TMT3 bug. I can check that one later on my laptop as I only tried the stand alone TMT3 interface.

And in TMT3 you can use the keyboard with the arrow keys and enter key. I have a VMC remote for mine.

Back