• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

(Was Ironman) Forgetting Sarah Marshall (DVD)/can't make a single .vob /w Shrink

Bigjohn

But when I RIPPED it using anydvdrip to my hdd, and then opened those files to SHRINK / RE-author, the middle part gets skipped... Damn. Goes from the end of his first flight (where he falls through the roof) into the end, where he's going into the "Im not iron man" press conference...:bang:

But when I RIPPED it using anydvdrip to my hdd, and then opened those files to SHRINK / RE-author, the middle part gets skipped... Damn. Goes from the end of his first flight (where he falls through the roof) into the end, where he's going into the "Im not iron man" press conference...:bang:

This is not an Anydvd issue. Shrink handles this Anydvd's rip fine; it isolates the main movie fine. Shrink can produce a full backup fine and main movie only fine.

Anydvd ripper's rip is handled fine by WMP and Powerdvd.

Agreed,
Bigjohn - post your logfiles - your problems are unique to your system.

-W

Ok.
Here is everything, and my brother CAN"T have this DVD until I'm done.

This is ALL THE INFO I can come up with.

1 - anydvd log file
2 - media info reports
  • the DISC
  • The ADVD full rip to disk
  • Shrink to file w/o anydvd running
  • shrink to file w/anydvd

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_F_FORGETTING_SARAH_MARSHALL.zip
    115.8 KB · Views: 4
  • sara-marshal-mediainfo.zip.zip
    8.9 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Forgetting Sarah Marshall comes in a version with the Theatrical and Unrated versions on one disc. Theatrical version is Title 1. Unrated version is Title 2. There are ILV'ed cells in Title 2 (Unrated). I believe if you make a backup and want the Unrated version then you will be forced to also include the Theatrical version or you will lose some of the movie. It's possible that you may need the Theatrical version to make a backup of the Unrated version. I haven't experimented so I really have no idea.

Last edited:
O.k., you posted in a thread about Ironman, and now you're providing stuff about Forgetting Sarah Marshall? :confused:

TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S202J SB00

Update your drive's firmware: http://www.samsungodd.com/Eng/Firmw...rchMode=&PageNumber=1&product_code=SDR&os_no=

Nerocd2k (system32\drivers\NeroCd2k.sys), Version: 2.0.0.3 (2.0.0.0)
Company: Ahead Software AG
im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad, Germany
Fax: ++49-7248-911-888
e-mail: info@nero.com
Product: Nero Burning Rom
Copyright: Copyright © 2000-2002 Ahead Software AG
Description: Nero Filter Driver
FileVersion: 2.0.0.3
ProductVersion: 2.0
SpecialBuild: Release
Multimounter support
CfgSwitches

Do you have an older version of Nero that requires that to be installed? I didn't have that filter installed when I was using Nero 8 or 9.

The info I'm reading about that filter/driver is that is part of Nero Check. This program constantly checks for known drivers that can conflict with Nero/Nero Express/NeroVision Express software. If it's possible to uninstall Nero Check without wrecking your install of Nero, I would do so, and I would further ensure that filter wasn't installed in my registry.

Also, is this issue you're having again, related to you using your batch file to basically create a one large .vob file? If so, read what Drinklyeanddie wrote.

Last edited:
Just FYI I just did FSM and took just the extended version and got a correct rip.

-W

FSM, Unrated & Extended version

Just FYI I just did FSM and took just the extended version and got a correct rip.
Me too. No Problem with FSM Extended version. AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.9. Main movie, no menus. Correct & perfect backup.

Me too. No Problem with FSM Extended version. AnyDVD 6.4.7.0 and CloneDVD 2.9.1.9. Main movie, no menus. Correct & perfect backup.

Can you backup to a single VOB file? (un split it should be about 4.1GB)

If so, can you show me your Media Info output?

is that included with my clonedvd license

No. I'm not even sure Clonedvdmobile with .vob passthrough will work, but it's worth a shot.

or do they want more $$??

There's a free 21 day trial period

My point is, AnyDVD should allow - in the end -- that the end result can be used exactly as if it were an UN PROTECTED (totally) DVD.

It is totally unprotected. The issue you're having has nothing to do with Anydvd. The issue you're having may have something to do with ILVU cells (seamless branching movies), as Drinklyeanddie mentioned, but that's not a protection issue. I haven't seen this disc, so I don't know if it has seamless branching. Discs with angles may also present issues for what you're trying to accomplish (you have to make careful selections and possibly use pcgedit) . . .

Last edited:
Getting a correct rip = fine, but, that rip cannot - due to some changes(?) in Anydvd, be repurposed by ripping to a single file like I could months back. I have a media server. I have been, for years now, using anydvd and DVDshrink to rip favorite movies to that media server so that we can watch them on our Replay TV units...

With the advent of 6.4.6.8 and after, this is not working consistently....

I posted sara marshall because I have the same problem with both this and Iron man, and sara marshall will rip to disk with DVD Shrink alone...

Did you try ripping the whole disk with the AnyDD ripper and then re-processing that rip via Shrink into the "one big file" ??

-W

Getting a correct rip = fine, but, that rip cannot - due to some changes(?) in Anydvd, be repurposed by ripping to a single file like I could months back.

This is an issue with the dvd(s) in question (structure--and in this case, the disc structure is valid) and the method you're using to create single .vob files. As the rip Anydvd creates completely adheres to a dvd standard with respect to both Ironman and Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Region 1, this isn't an Anydvd issue.

This is an issue with the dvd(s) in question (structure--and in this case, the disc structure is valid) and the method you're using to create single .vob files. As the rip Anydvd creates completely adheres to a dvd standard with respect to both Ironman and Forgetting Sarah Marshall in Region 1, this isn't an Anydvd issue.
Ok, so, if the disk structure is ok, and DVDshrink adheres strictly to dvd structures, then why cant it create a working rip from the ANYDVD hdd rip?

Ok, so, if the disk structure is ok, and DVDshrink adheres strictly to dvd structures, then why cant it create a working rip from the ANYDVD hdd rip?

It can. You're not creating a normal, standard dvd backup. You're trying to create a single .vob file using some batch file you created.

It can. You're not creating a normal, standard dvd backup. You're trying to create a single .vob file using some batch file you created.

No, no...
I'm creating the single VOB from SHRINK by unchecking the "split into 1gb files" option...then I run THAT through a transcoder to put these files on my media server.

I know it sounds like I'm bashing anydvd... but I'm not, I'm begging for help to make things work the way they did just a month or so ago...

I gotta put these movies on my media server, or I'm screwed because the kids will scrap the crap out of them - or loose them entirely!

No, no...
I'm creating the single VOB from SHRINK by unchecking the "split into 1gb files" option...then I run THAT through a transcoder to put these files on my media server.

I understand that, but you said in another post that you were using some batch file afterward.

There are too many variables here. I don't mind trying to help Shrink users creating a normal, standard dvd backup, but you're not doing that.

I also don't know if you're making proper selections for the main movie within Shrink; I have no idea if the "split into 1 gb files option" works fine with all dvds; I have also no idea what "transcoder" it is that you're using (Shrink is a transcoder) and whether that process isn't creating a problem.

There are just too many variables for me to troubleshoot, and it's not Slysoft's responsibility to be troubleshooting Third Party software problems. I don't work for Slysoft, but if you were using Clonedvd mobile's .vob passthrough and complaining that it didn't work, you would in my opinion have every right to ask Slysoft for help. I don't use Clonedvd mobile, so I'm not going to be very helpful, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to try the free 21 day trial period. If it doesn't work, then shoot an email off to Slysoft asking for help.

I certainly sympathize that your media server requires a single large. vob file, but if people can create full disc backups with Shrink and also create main movie backups with Shrink, and if Shrink is nicely isolating the main movie, etc., then Anydvd is handling the disc properly.

I honestly can't see this as being an Anydvd issue. If you feel otherwise, contact Slysoft (but explain that you're trying to create a huge .vob file for your media server).

Back