• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Was asked to upgrade, now my key does not work anymore?

Those who wish can merely revert back to 7.6.9.5 and run on their old license forever.
No "forced upgrade" for missing the warning on the download page - just a 5 minute time sink for not seeing it.
Small fish to fry in the big picture.
-W
What's the point in going back to an older version that will be useless when it no longer connects to the database? Also, why are the AnyDVD license owners getting screwed over and not the owners of licenses for their other products?

I bought a LTL from Slysoft after my 2 year license expired, that was 2 years ago. When I bought my LTL I understood the kind of pressure Slysoft faced and that their "lifetime" could be very short. I just bought a new LTL from Redfox and don't feel "screwed" in the least. You want to know who's really going to feel screwed? The people that that cross over to DVDfab, and I'm speaking from experience. Worst online purchase I've ever made. Long live Redfox.

How many more times do we need to say this? NOBODY can guarantee nothing will happen to the product! There are no guarantees in life. Yes they take steps to prevent a repeat, no we won't tell you what they are and no they can't guarantee anything they do will be enough. The sector anydvd operates in comes with inherit danger and that's all there is to it.

Questions. How large is that database? Can it be downloaded and put into a folder that Slysoft software will recognize and use? Because as for as standard dvd's go I have not found anything released in the last two years that Shrink and the DVD43 plugin cannot handle. Some much older movies still need Redfox in order to rip to the hard drive. Although I must admit that I tether through my cellphone so Redfox does not work as well as I am sure it can. Because the ping lag or lack of speed can cause the notification of the disc scanning to go along for quite awhile before Redfox gets around to scanning the disc which can also be a drawn out process when doing a cellphone tether.

Too big, several hundred MB. No it can't be downloaded, yet. That is something they hope to offer at some point.

Too big, several hundred MB. No it can't be downloaded, yet. That is something they hope to offer at some point.
I will be ready for it, I have a portable terabyte drive dedicated for bitcoin which is at 74 gigs now. So bitcoin and that database can share the same drive. Actually, a 3 to 4 gig database file is not that bad. Charge 2 to 3 dollars for bandwidth coverage charges and I think you will have a lot of eager down loaders.

Also, why are the AnyDVD license owners getting screwed over, and not the owners of licenses for their other products?

I wish they were all this easy.
They are indeed offering licenses for all three products Redfox makes. (But only AnyDVD needs periodic updates to stay current, so it's more critical.)
Those people that don't do Blu-Ray will be "somewhat OK" with 7.6.9.5 for a good while.
Stuff like CloneDVD2 was never (ever) made by Slysoft, it was made by Elaborate Bytes (Elby) - so it remains unaffected by the loss of Slysoft.
-W

If Redfox wants to keep me, they will have to do better than a 20% discount. To renew my lifetime license for AnyDVD, I would like at least a 60% discount, please.

Torrent. And bandwidth is relatively cheap now.
Bad idea, torrents can be tracked and considering the sector anydvd operates in we don't want that, do we. Cheap? Maybe in your area, but over here it's anything but.

Jeeeeeze. You guys are kicking a dead horse!!!
Post #1: Hey! We're getting screwed.
Post #2: No you aren't!
Post #3: Yes we are.
Post #4: No you aren't.
Post #5: Yes we are.
Rest of Posts: Repeat Posts #4 and #5 Ad nauseam...

...Please check my next post...

Back