• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

warranty replacement is an Optiarc 5600 ....

sierra117

i determined that my TS-TB23L (Toshiba/Samsung) BD reader is faulty, so i called HP and they sent me a warranty replacement ... interesting that the replacement is an Optiarc BC-5600S model. i thought it would have been the same.

anyone have lowsy experiences with this drive yet ? in the world of slim slot loaders, there's not that many choices (panny and sony are the only ones i can find online to buy on my own) ...

actually kind of excited to do this, thinking that my BD read issues may become extinct when i start using this drive. not looking forward to disecting the laptop, but it's a chance to do some spring cleaning inside. i usually clean discs before inserting them thru the slot, but maybe some buildup might have gotten inside.

it isn't the latest, but for what it is i'm wondering if it will fair better than the outgoing drive. since my warranty is ending soon, hopefully it will ....

.... the next time i shop for a laptop i'll probably go with tray-load style because there's a few more choices for drives than slot load models.

Over here in the UK it's hard to find any other internal drives for laptops other than the Sony/Optiarc ones, although the newer ones do tend to be a lot better than they were a 2 years ago

Back