• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VOB-Passthrough, wrong DVD Time Length?

Alderon

I am currently using the profile of VOB-Passthrough with version 1.2.1.0.

When the conversion is done, when I play it in Nero Showtime, it says the movie is the wrong length. It was saying my Ice Age video was only 6 Minutes long! But the file itself was 3gb so all the video data must be there. I have tried multiple movies and each case is different, Batman Begins said it was just over 1 hour long yet the movie is around 2 hour and 30 minutes in real life. Im about to watch Star Wars 3 and see if/when it skips scenes. Just figured would get this posted to can start getting answers.

Anybody seen this issue before/know how to fix it?

I tried searching but couldn't find anything.

Thanks,

Ald

Edit: Changed Subject

I am currently using the profile of VOB-Passthrough with version 1.2.1.0.

When the conversion is done, when I play it in Nero Showtime, it says the movie is the wrong length. It was saying my Ice Age video was only 6 Minutes long! But the file itself was 3gb so all the video data must be there. I have tried multiple movies and each case is different, Batman Begins said it was just over 1 hour long yet the movie is around 2 hour and 30 minutes in real life. Im about to watch Star Wars 3 and see if/when it skips scenes. Just figured would get this posted to can start getting answers.

Thanks,

Ald

Edit: Changed Subject
Might be like this one (see Peer's posts near the end):
http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=7028&highlight=vob+time+incorrect
Have you tried playing the vob with other software?

it was also reported here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=18241

I did some tests with mixed results. The time counter works fine for both short (<90min) and longer VOB files when I run CloneDVDMobile on a clean install of Windows XP. I have a partition setup with a minimal XP environment, just ClondeDVDMobile and a couple non-media utilities installed.

The time counter is broken for longer movies in my regular XP configuration, where I many programs including several other video programs installed. Oddly enough, the long VOB files made in the minimal install work fine when played in the regular configuration.

My guess is that CloneDVDMobile is being messed up by settings made by another program, even though it is suppose to be self contained. I haven't been able to find the offending settings, and uninstalling other programs doesn't fix it. Once the VOB time counter breaks, it stays broken. My workaround is to maintain a dual boot system with a minimal install and to do VOB pass-through for any longer titles in the minimal install environment.

There should be a better (formal) process for users to report and follow bugs and user enhancement requests, as some of these issues have been longstanding.

Back