• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VLC Playback

nintendo1889

VLC Media Player can play back most DVDs I playback without AnyDVD running.

Why is it that I can make an ISO with PowerISO (MagicISO, ImgBurn, doesn't make a difference) and mount that ISO with Virtual CloneDrive (and DaemonTools last free version) but rarely ever will these images playback in VLC?

I run into this problem sometimes when a dvd uses some new trick that AnyDVD protection doesn't support, so I like to create an ISO image with the original encrypted DVD.

VLC Media Player can play back most DVDs I playback without AnyDVD running.

Why is it that I can make an ISO with PowerISO (MagicISO, ImgBurn, doesn't make a difference) and mount that ISO with Virtual CloneDrive (and DaemonTools last free version) but rarely ever will these images playback in VLC?

I run into this problem sometimes when a dvd uses some new trick that AnyDVD protection doesn't support, so I like to create an ISO image with the original encrypted DVD.

How about a log files of those dvd in question? That would at least inform others whom used in on those media to answer back as to whether that is true or not. You don't need Anydvd running to playback DVD if your hardware is HDCP or able to play dvd itself Anydvd comes into play when you copy the dvd itself. Anydvd allows you as you just said without knowing to back the dvd as it removes the protection or decrypts the CSS allowing your programs PowerISO and others to work. And since there is no log on how your doing or using these program to make the ISO anything is up for guessing why the ISO won't play in VLC. And again to your last statement what protection are you talking about since you didn't give any log files for the developer to look at to know what your talking about. And FYI dvd the Commercially made USA/Euro and other that you buy are CSS encrypted and only bootleg and other whom removed the protection from commercial made movies don't come with protection. But as well let's be clear as well there are some foreign and domestic that aren't protected but the popular/high demand are and will come with CSS protection that's is a known fact.

Last edited:
Back