• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive5432 install caused BSOD

Frankenstien

Hey all ... I searched 'BSOD' in this forum and didn't really find anything I could use to help me figure out why this s/w install caused a BSOD ...

I'm using Win XP Pro SP2 and have AnyDVD6603, CloneCD5310 & CloneDVD2851 installed.

The BSOD was of type:

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF8D7D000, 0x00000001, 0x804D9E2E, 0x00000000)

On a power down and restart, I got another BSOD:

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF8C5F000, 0x00000001, 0x804D9E2E, 0x00000000)

I went to Safe Mode and uninstalled Virtual CloneDrive5432 ... BSOD cured.

I could go on and on about what h/w & s/w I'm using and why ... but ... would someanyone mind telling me what's pertinent to the issue at hand ... and I'll up it ... thanks ... FFF

Last edited:
OK Webslinger ... thanks ... I saw that and d/l'd it ... maybe I'll try it in the a.m. ... FFF
P.S. SP3, IE7 & 8 are all too resource intensive in my view ... time for a new PC?

OK Webslinger ... thanks ... I saw that and d/l'd it ... maybe I'll try it in the a.m. ... FFF
P.S. SP3, IE7 & 8 are all too resource intensive in my view ... time for a new PC?

Perhaps. It may even be time to consider Windows 7, despite the fact that I hate User Account Control (and the DRM controversy, notwithstanding). In fact, I've almost completely switched to Windows 7 x64 Ultimate.

Last edited:
Virtual CloneDrive5435beta install causes BSOD

OK ... I tried installing Virtual CloneDrive5435beta and got a similar BSOD result:

STOP: 0x00000050 (0xF8C63000, 0x00000001, 0x804D9E2E, 0x00000000)

Did a Safe Mode uninstall of VCD5435b and all is well again.

Don't know what else to try ... FFF

try updating to SP3, I've no issues with it on XP SP3 either, if you're not prepared to update then I don't expect there'll be much they can do as it's probably written to work with the latest service packs

aww geez ... OK then, I'll swallow the red pill ... SP3 it is ... FFF

You may post latest minidump available (windows\minidump), maybe some software is conflicting with VCD.

James ... thanks for finding that MS hotfix info ... but ... I had already gone ahead and updated to SP3 ... to see if that is the issue with VCD ... haven't tried re-installing VCD5435b again just yet ...

Blazkowicz ... I looked to see what 'minidump's I have ... for some reason the only one I have is from 05DEC08 ... (?) ... and today's MEMORY.DMP file is 0 bytes ... (?)

... I went into System>Advanced>Settings and enabled 'Complete memory dump', and cleared the 'Overwrite any existing file' checkbox ... is there anything else required to enable 'minidump's specifically? (is a 'minidump' a 'Small memory dump (64KB)' or a 'Kernel memory dump' or ?) FFF

What motherboard/chipset are you using? I had a similar problem (with SPTD from DaemonTools, VCD was fine) when upgrading to X58 Core i7. The only solution was to turn the Intel ExecuteDisableBit option OFF in the BIOS, otherwise the system would BlueScreen every time it tried to load the SPTD virtual drive.

If you haven't had a virtual drive installed before then it might be related to a BIOS issue such as this.

Hey profcolli ... thanks for weighing in ... if memory serves, this ASUS P3V4X m/b uses the VIA Apollo Pro133A chipset ... and I don't remember seeing any 'Intel ExecuteDisableBit' option in the BIOS settings ... FFF

OK ... the upgrade of my Win XP Pro O/S to SP3 didn't resolve the BSOD issue with VCD5435b.

Interestingly, when I initially installed VCD5432 a few days ago, I was required to restart my PC. With VCD5435b, I have never been required to restart after a fresh install. Hmmm ...

Following my upgrade to SP3, I did another re-installation of VCD5435b, but, this time, before the inevitable restart for some MS update(s), I was able to use VCD5435b for a bit and I quite liked it, successfully mounting an ISO and having the contents displayed in Windows Explorer. I went into Device Manager and looked at the Resources in use by each of my 'SCSI and RAID Controllers':

VIA VT6421 RAID Controller
Virtual CloneDrive (no 'Resources' used, period!)
WinXP Promise Ultra133 TX2 (tm) IDE Controller

None of the Resource settings conflicted and 'No conflicts.' were reported in the 'Conflicting device list:' for any of the three devices.

I thought I had enabled minidumps (using this procedure: hxxp://www.cakewalk.com/Support/ProblemReporter/minidump.asp) by way of Run>drwtsn32 ... but after the latest BSODs, I don't have anything new in:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson\user.dmp or drwtsn32.log

C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP

C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mininnnnnn-nn.dmp

If anyone could assist me with the Minidump thing, I'd sure appreciate it.

Meanwhile I'm going to try WinCDEmu 3.0 and see if it is as problematic.

FFF

Hey all ... that WinCDEmu 3.0 seemed to do the trick ... no more BSOD on restart and it functions similarily to VCD5435b. FFF

P.S. If someone can help me with the Minidump thing I mentioned in my last post, I'll go back and look at this whole VCD5435b thing again (I really do like the E.B. / Slysoft s/w products on the whole) ... until then, I'm going to leave well enough alone.

Back