• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive - driver only install

thorb

Hi there. could you please post either of this:
* The whole nsis installation package source (prefered)
* A new nsis package that only installs the driver (not program and all that)

I do want to use the IO driver of virtual clonedrive in the program IMGburn, however I do want to deside myself if I only want the driver installed or the whole virtual clonedrive program.

and are there any install parameterers with the current nsis install package?

Okey. found another method:
1. use uni extract
2. run in driverfolder:
devcon.exe install VClone.inf ROOT\vclone

this seems to install the driver only.
I havent tested everything yet.

however I still could need some commenting on the post before ;)

edit:
nope. seems to still be something missing...

I 11:45:05 ELBYCDIO.DLL - Elaborate Bytes CDRTools - ElbyCDIO DLL - Version 6.0.7.0
E 11:45:05 ElbyCDIO_InitScsi Failed!
E 11:45:05 Reason: Kernel Mode driver not loaded - try rebooting your machine

Last edited:
I'm in no position to post the requested information nor do I have it. That decision is up to the developers.

I would advise no one actually do this unless they know what they are doing and if they do this and both Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes take no responsibility in any problems that may occur.

I'm in no position to post the requested information nor do I have it. That decision is up to the developers.

I would advise no one actually do this unless they know what they are doing and if they do this and both Slysoft and Elaborate Bytes take no responsibility in any problems that may occur.

I would never hold any responsible for problems with free software. period.

I would never hold any responsible for problems with free software. period.

I was aiming this more at others. :) Some people love to do things and when something goes wrong they like to place blame elsewhere.

did that little trick install the DLL but forget the associated sys file ?

the ElbyCDIO.sys file is common to a number of slysoft products, and before you can use it you need to have started the ElbyCDIO service.

i would be tempted to try installing it in the normal manner and then uninstll it, not removing shared components, then you can try your trick to install the DLL files.

Hi there. could you please post either of this:
* The whole nsis installation package source (prefered)
* A new nsis package that only installs the driver (not program and all that)

I do want to use the IO driver of virtual clonedrive in the program IMGburn, however I do want to deside myself if I only want the driver installed or the whole virtual clonedrive program.

and are there any install parameterers with the current nsis install package?

The best method is to install the demo version of CloneDVD, as this won't in stall any additional drivers, only the ElbyCDIO layer.

Okey. found another method:
1. use uni extract
2. run in driverfolder:
devcon.exe install VClone.inf ROOT\vclone

this seems to install the driver only.
I havent tested everything yet.

however I still could need some commenting on the post before ;)

edit:
nope. seems to still be something missing...
I advise not to do any trickery with the shared components of our products.

The best method is to install the demo version of CloneDVD, as this won't in stall any additional drivers, only the ElbyCDIO layer.

hmm. would that be that different than installing Virtual CloneDrive Freeware)?
anyways. when it comes to it. theres nothing wrong with having clonedrive installed, but the install packages really does miss install switches, like not adding icons on desktop etc.... customization is the word. where is the documentation for command line switches? silent install etc.

Hello!
I borrow this thread when I have a similar question.
I'm trying to build an MSI package of Virtual Clone Drive and has almost succeeded.
However, I managed to not install the drivers correctly. After some research, I realize that the NSIS installer uses Devcon. My question is if there is a possibility that the developers can share the commandlines of Devcon.exe running in NSIS so I can use them in the MSI package. I've tried my way without success. If I managed to create an MSI package, I promise to share it with you. thanks in advance!

/P-A Norén

Hello,

I have the same need, i'm working on an APP-V package and have installed the driver with :

start certutil -addstore "TrustedPublisher" "%~dp0VCDcert.cer"
DEVCON.EXE install VClone.inf root\vclone

Then i launched my App-V package, but at the end I still run on an error .
VCDMount
Error : Can't init VCCD!

I'm just wondering if i missed something with the driver ?
There is also a file ExecuteWithUAC.exe who I didnt used...

thank you

Back