• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.1 beta

James

Redfox Development Team
Staff member
Please try this version:

http://sandbox.slysoft.com/beta/SetupVirtualCloneDrive5431.exe

Virtual CloneDrive 5.4.3.1: 2009 05 23
- New: Added tray icon
- New: Added shell extension for images
- New: Improved shell extension for drives
- New: Added HD-DVD emulation (Windows 2000/XP/Vista)
- New: Added option to purge history of recently mounted images
- New: Added /p command switch to VCDMount.exe to purge history
- Fix: Mounting failed, if .dvd or .ccd file names contained unicode characters
- Fix: Virtual Sheep on Windows XP64
- Fix: Problems mounting files with some language settings
- Some minor changes and improvements

So far so good in Windows 7. No incompatibility issues reported as happened with the last non-beta version (v.5) by Windows.

@James

I selected 15 Virtual Drives, but only got 15. Letters L & Z are free. Here's a screenshot.

Attachments

• VCD.jpg
    VCD.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 18
@James

I selected 15 Virtual Drives, but only got 15. Letters L & Z are free. Here's a screenshot.

Please check in device manager if the drives are there.
If they are, check the drive letter assignment with disk manager.

They were available. I could change a physical HD or optical to L or Z. I could insert a USB stick and got L.

They were available. I could change a physical HD or optical to L or Z. I could insert a USB stick and got L.

Huh? :confused:

EDIT:

Please check in device manager if the drives are there.
If they are, check the drive letter assignment with disk manager.

You are right ! I thought you meant are the letters available...

The drives were there as you described. I had to manually allocate the later.

Thanks.

Another wish ?

Would it be possible to drag'n'drop an ISO file onto a virtual-sheep and have it mount ?

Another wish ?

Would it be possible to drag'n'drop an ISO file onto a virtual-sheep and have it mount ?

Too lazy to click the right mouse button and mount it? Without dragging and dropping?

@James

I still think there's a problem. I had 15 VCDs all mounted. I needed to pop in Oceans 13 for Fernando, so I changed the number of drives to "disabled" (I wanted to make sure Oceans 13 got dealt with 1st). When I was finnished, I set the number of drives back to 15 but only got 12. "Disk Management" shows CD-ROM 18 to CD-ROM 29 all accocated with letters, but CD ROM 30, 31 & 32 are not there.

@James

I still think there's a problem. I had 15 VCDs all mounted. I needed to pop in Oceans 13 for Fernando, so I changed the number of drives to "disabled" (I wanted to make sure Oceans 13 got dealt with 1st). When I was finnished, I set the number of drives back to 15 but only got 12. "Disk Management" shows CD-ROM 18 to CD-ROM 29 all accocated with letters, but CD ROM 30, 31 & 32 are not there.
Are not there are don't have letters?
Forget Disk management, are they present in device manager?

I have a small request if possible,

not entirely sure if the first one is going to be possible or not,

1. In the right click menu on a drive, and this goes for ALL drives not just virtual ones, the Elby DLL that deals with eject and close (and mount/unmount for virtual drives).... is it possible to "group" those in the right click menu ? my entries are scattered about in the right click menu.

2. This has been discussed before i think, but, i agree, i think we need a truncated file path (more than it might be already) with the full path available on mouse over tool tip, my right click menu when a drive is mounted is HUGE :p, same goes for the tray icon menu, it's really strange to see a drop down menu stretch half way across a 27" WS monitor :lol:

thanks again for the continued work on this, and i love the right click and mount option, works really well, and for me having the ability to add a single click icon to unmount in the quick launch area is great, so thanks again for the unmount parameter (i only use one virtual drive in VCD and have one available through UltraISO... any more is too big a performance hit and not worth it for me)

Hi

Where is the latest beta so i can use VCD on Win 7 32?

All the links seem to be outdated and broken.

OK thanks but it doesnt work for me with Windows 7 32 bit.

It installs and seems to run fine but every type of image wont mount.

If v5.4.3.2 doesn't work then I don't think v5.4.3.1 beta would have. I'm pretty sure that it should work under Windows 7 but I can't say that for a fact because I don't have any Windows 7 systems. There are a fair number of forum members running Windows 7. I would suggest posting your problem in the v5.4.3.2 thread: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=30868.

How do you want to mount? By double-click? In this case, you must set the file associations during setup.

Otherwise the right mouse button is your friend. ;)

Back