• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Viewing HD DVD from Hard Drive w/lots of problems

Hey all... first post. First want to say that Slysoft products rock and that if other software companies did 1/2 as good of a job with their products I wouldn't be in this mess. Continuing on... I'm having a great deal of difficulty viewing HD DVDs from my hard drive. I read through several posts and I wish I would have read through them before I bought Cyberlink's pathetic excuse for a HD program... ($100 down the tubes)... So PowerDVD obviously won't work and I'd rather not mess with PowerDVD's program files if I don't have to. Does anyone know of a program that consistently plays HD DVDs from the hard drive without issues? (Also I own Nero 8 and Nero Showtime's HD option and it doesn't work either... freezes or plays incredibly slow - Goodbye another $100). Any advice or links will be greatly appreciated as I'm betting there are several others with this same issue(s).:bowdown:

~D

Update: FYI: Nero Showtime now works that I have disabled the replace highest XPL file option.

Last edited:
Unforturnitly, PowerDVD is the most stable software player that you can use at this time. The other software players, WinDVD & Nero still have much more "bugs" or problems with their software. Most AnyDVD forum members are using previous versions of PowerDVD such as version 3104A which is the one that I currently use. My video playback would also freeze and run slow or choppy until I upgraded to a newer more modern video card. Here is a link to where I described my current video card and its benifits to other forum members. I hope this will help you with your problem

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=10228

I downgraded to 3104 and the problems are gone! Thanks for the help, much appreciated.

Back