• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Verbatim BD-R 25GB 2x LTH on sale@frys

techno1

Just picked up a pack of 20 for $25 at Fry's. That's a $1.25 US. These are Low To High which are easier to manufacture, so they say. I'll give them a try this week using Image Burn on a new LG WH10LS30K 10X Blu-ray Burner from newegg @ $139. I've read some good and some bad reviews about this media. Mostly good. I hope I don't need a firmware update to use LTH. Stay tuned...:eek:

UPDATE: Well, the first burn using ImgBurn produced the error -> "Finalise Disc Failed! - Reason: Cannot Write Medium - Incompatible Format" However, I said continue, and it finished burning and verifying the disc. I played all 16 chapters on my LG player without issue. So I will continue to look for official firmware updates for this drive. 19 more discs to go...

Last edited:
I had bad luck with them

I tried one cake box and about half of them became coasters
________
LovelyWendie99

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried a cake box
all of them came good no coasters
i guess i got lucky

never had problems with Verbatim LTH 2x
Burned more than 30

out of 80, 23 have failed for me, so won't be buying anymore of those

burned 3 dozen already myself. No failed ones yet. I prefer the normal ones too as i can burn them at a faster rate too, but can't seem to find an EU webshop that stocks them and ships to belgium.

Well I've burned two out of a cake of 20, and they burn and play fine using a Pioneer BD205 in my PC - My probelm is my Oppo 83 will not read them. Oppo did put "experimental" support for LTH in their latest beta firmware update, but my player still will not read the discs. Oppo replied to my support email and stated they will not be attempting any further firmware tweaks to make the player compatable with LTH. Someone in another forum also said they were told by Oppo that the 83 uses a Sony laser assembly which is not compatable with LTH. I have also read the new BDP-93 coming out soon will be using the same Sony laser assembly as the 83... so much for that. :(

I will most likely relegate my remaining 18 LTH discs to hard drive data backups for long term storage, and will then find out how well they retain data, if at all, after a couple years in storage...

Back