• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

VCD is stubborn and refuses to cooperate.

Jorvalt

Hoo boy, this has pissed me off to the point where I'm now posting a thread about it because for some reason nobody has had the same problem that I have. VCD doesn't work. I install it but it doesn't bring up the prompt about installing the driver, and after the installation the virtual drive doesn't appear at all. I can't mount .iso's or what have you, either. I tried that thing where you disable the legitimacy checks or whatever with CMD and then restart, then try installing it. Still didn't work. I tried going to diskmgmt.msc, and surprise surprise, there was no virtual drive listed there. I am completely fed up with this crap and could use some insight into finally fixing this issue so I can just use VCD again.

Also, if it's in any way relevant, I had VCD before but uninstalled it.

Update: It turns out that the driver software was not uninstalling with VCD. I manually removed it after uninstalling the driver and VCD, then I rebooted. Afterwards, I tried to install VCD again, but this time it gave me a message that said "installation failed!" and then afterwards it said I need to reboot and asked me if I want to reboot now. I've noticed that the driver software is probably working fine. I discovered that Virtual CloneDrive can be found in device manager under storage controllers. There's still the issue of VCD not wanting to make virtual drives or mount files. Oh, and the drive doesn't show up on disk management still.

Do you have any Antivirus installed as that may be blocking the install. I've installed VCD on hundreds of PC's for clients and never once had an issue with it.

Do you have any Antivirus installed as that may be blocking the install. I've installed VCD on hundreds of PC's for clients and never once had an issue with it.

No, I don't actually have any antivirus installed. Besides, if it was antivirus, then the antivirus probably would have told me that it blocked it.
I installed this a while back and had absolutely no issues with it. It had worked perfectly fine. At some point I uninstalled it and I just recently installed it again.

Actually a lot of Antivirus software doesn't tell you when it blocks drivers, that's why I asked.

When you open the VCD software how many drives do you have it set to?

mageesteve

Having same trouble....no drives....no right click option....no nothing.
Tried altering registry as suggested.....My computer spat the dummy...took 15 mins to start and would not shut down...had to start in safe mode and re alter the registry.
Tried disabling anti-virus while installing as Admin.... with no result.
VCD worked perfectly...but now nothing.
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.....TIA

What solved my problem

I had a thread with VCD problem titled Houston we have a problem. Turned out being a problem in Device manager when I moved to Win 7.

mageesteve

Hi...may I have a bit more info please..... VCD in Storage Controllers....????
TIA

So long ago

Believe it was or CD/DVD drives anyway they had those funky yellow triangles next to what appeared to be duplicate drives.

Back