• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Valkyrie - similar problem than w/ A Bug's Life w/PDVD 8

andy o

Hi, I ran into a similar problem with Valkyrie (region A) than I did with A Bug's Life. The H.264 streams (including the menu background) would not show with AnyDVD HD enabled. I suspect it's PowerDVD 8's (2217) decoder somehow interacting weird with AnyDVD's decrypted output.

A difference with A Bug's Life is that Valkyrie is a Fox title, and it won't let me play with AnyDVD HD disabled unless I update PowerDVD, so I don't know exactly if it would play OK with it disabled, but the sypmtoms are very similar. TMT 2.129 does work OK.

Anyone played these titles with PowerDVD 8.0.2217 with AnyDVD HD enabled?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.5.5.5_Info_I_VALKYRIE.zip
    270.4 KB · Views: 6
By the way, I just finished ripping to a protected ISO and it exhibits the same (also like A Bug's Life). I can play the movie though if right before the H.264 stream there is an mpeg-2 stream. For instance, if I play from the beginning of the movie, it will play because the H.264 is coming right after the mpeg-2 studio and FBI or whatever nag screens, but if I jump from the menu directly to a chapter other than 1, the video will not play.

FWIW, both play fine with AnyDVD HD enabled using TMT2 and TMT3.

Yeah, I think PowerDVD 8's H.264 decoder is probably acting up with video unencrypted by AnyDVD. Was just wondering if anyone else is having these troubles so I can look further into my system. Just in case, both discs are relatively new, they came out in the past month (maybe couple of weeks).

I have not much problem watching the movies otherwise (with TMT, and if I didn't have that I could make a movie-only disc or an mkv).

If that were the case then it wouldn't play back my 'movie only' back up of Valkyrie

Right, but then still something in PowerDVD 8 must be messing with AnyDVD-decrypted H.264 content. Perhaps something to do with Java? (It is updated). Did you try playing it from disc or protected ISO with AnyDVD enabled in PDVD 8?

Right, but then still something in PowerDVD 8 must be messing with AnyDVD-decrypted H.264 content. Perhaps something to do with Java? (It is updated). Did you try playing it from disc or protected ISO with AnyDVD enabled in PDVD 8?

I have had no problem jumping around menus. Then again I have TMT 3. I guess when you read the rest of the forums, a freighting picture is developing. Power dvd sucks, they go out of their way to block anydvdHD, and they have massive issues with there players. I double checked valkryie again this morning, and it worked like a charm, and skipped the intro's and went to other scenes, and had no problems.

Back