• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Using mplayer with AnyDVD HD?

z-factor

Hi all,
With all the talk of the different movie players, has anyone tried using the open source program mplayer to play movie discs? Supposedly it can handle both evo and m2ts. I guess it might not work as well for the movies that are split into a dozen small files....
Any experiences?
Thanks,

Latest version (via SVN) works fine for me under Linux. Except for "Man on Fire" (Blu Ray). The audio and video are there, but mplayer can't figure out the frame rate and the video stutters.

I haven't tried the Windows version.

It would be very helpful if Slysoft would test with this combination. mplayer is certainly priced right.

Last edited:
It's now looking to me like the latest versions of mplayer are having problems with AnyDVD HD files. 10 seconds or so of perfect, and then problems.

Last edited:
It works well now. I can run WinXP in VMware player. Any DVD HD rips the BluRay disc to shared disk space. Then I run mplayer in Linux on the files.

Luckily I can start playing while it is still decrypting/copying.

Yes, slightly inconvenient, but it works without problems.

Back