Using CloneDVD, am I missing something.

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by nancy2002, Jan 16, 2008.

1. nancy2002

nancy2002 Member

I am using the current version of AnyDVD and CloneDVD. The process I am using is as follows:
    1-In CloneDVD I click on Clone DVD
    2-On next screen I click on the DVD disk as my source
    3-I leave the balance of the screens alone until I get to destination. Here I designate my DVD burner and manually change the name of the file burning to disk.
    4-When it tells me to I place a blank DVD in the drive I do and it burns a backup copy.
    5-Then I can use CloneDVD or DVDShink to create an ISO from the backup disk.

My question is, in reading these forums am I missing something I should be doing. I don't recode etc. I use Roxio DVD Creator to burn from the ISO and they seem to work.

What am I missing?

2. oldjoe

oldjoe Well-Known Member

I don't use CloneDVD but I was under the impression that it did the burn...so why make an ISO file and why use Roxio?

3. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

Why are you using Shrink?

Why are you burning with Roxio?

You can create an .iso with Clonedvd (if you want to make one). You can burn with Clonedvd.

If you want to use Shrink to compress, select "dvd+/-R dl" near the quality bar in Clonedvd and output "dvd files". Then use Shrink on that rip. You can then burn Shrink(ed) files with Clonedvd.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2008
  4. nancy2002

nancy2002 Member

Why us Shrink etc`

One reason I use shrink is sometimes the iso file made with CloneDVD is larger than recommended. I us shrink to downsize it more.

I burn with Roxio because it seems faster than CloneDvd. I usually take the iso file and archive it on a blank dvd in case someone gets the original. To many little hands around.

I was mainly curious about he recoding with Nero that was posted in the how to for CloneDVD. Thought I wasn't doing the process correctly.

5. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

No. That's nonsense. You can use Clonedvd to compress the file size to a single layer blank disc "select dvd-5 near the quality bar" or you don't need to compress ("select dvd+/-r dl").

The advantage to using Shrink is that at higher levels of compression the picture quality will be better, provided you're using deep analysis.

No. That's false as well. If you have an existing .iso use "Write existing data" in Clonedvd.

:confused: I'm sorry, but I have no idea what you're talking about. click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=476 and read fully please

Last edited: Jan 19, 2008