• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Using Anydvd HD to rip bluray to iso/Cinavia

Darthgup

First of all, I would like to say that I love Anydvd and thanks for such a great product.
I am trying to rip my bluray collection to .iso to work with my HTPC.
I am a bit new to this. But essentially have the iso mounting using virtual clone drive and playing back with PowerDVD.

When ripping the iso with discs that are Cinavia protected (Frankenweenie for example) I have tried removing Cinavia using the check box in settings but that has failed (Disabled audio after 20 min). I have the "Remove protection" Checked. But that is not working when ripping.

Anydvd HD is not running on the HTPC - do I need it running in the background?

Can I rip the image to .iso in such a way that I don't need AnyDVD HD on HTPC but just use it as my ripping tool? I have not seen the fox turn purple when ripping to .iso.

With Cinavia enabled movies when creating the .iso should I keep the protection present?

I have searched the forums and I know People are also using clonebd but I don't see a need for me to use this unless I am missing something.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Forgot to mention. I am using version 7.6.8.3 (beta)

When ripping the iso with discs that are Cinavia protected (Frankenweenie for example) I have tried removing Cinavia using the check box in settings but that has failed (Disabled audio after 20 min). I have the "Remove protection" Checked. But that is not working when ripping.

The remove Cinavia option only works in conjuction with CloneBD - it reduces the quality of audio and in my opinion I wouldn't use it.

A good option for you would be the 'prevent player software from detecting Cinavia' option, this doesn't remove Cinavia but stops PowerDVD (and other software) detecting it during playback, so you won't ever have a problem. However AnyDVD would need to be running in the background.

Can I rip the image to .iso in such a way that I don't need AnyDVD HD on HTPC but just use it as my ripping tool?

You could use CloneBD and let AnyDVD remove Cinavia (and settle for poor audio)
Another option is to just playback the main movie (no menu's etc) in a player like Kodi that doesn't check for Cinavia.

Other than those options, the best option really is to just have AnyDVD running during playback.
AnyDVD running = no problems with Cinavia on a PC :)

Remove cinavia only works in combination with CloneBD. Removing the signal requires audio processing and that's not something anydvd can do on its own.

The fox icon will never turn purple during ripping folder or iso. Because it's not a protection like aacs but an audio drm. Totally different mechanics. You can rip with keeping protection intact, but the rip will refuse playback due to the protection kicking in when you do.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Thank you both very much for your reply and input. I am currently running Kodi - using powerdvd and .iso because I love retaining original menu etc. I'm going to try having Anydvd running on my htpc.

ch3v thanks for the info re: CloneBD. I wish I purchased it when I got my AnyDVD license. I'll look more into CloneBD.

Thanks for the feedback

If you're running PDVD on your htpc you need to enable the "Prevent detection" one in anydvd instead of the "remove..." one. That will prevent PowerDVD from DETECTING the signal and playback will be just fine. The signal itself won't be removed, the player just won't detect it and the fox icon will turn purple. Unofficial players such as Kodi are unaffected by cinavia.

If you're running PDVD on your htpc you need to enable the "Prevent detection" one in anydvd instead of the "remove..." one. That will prevent PowerDVD from DETECTING the signal and playback will be just fine. The signal itself won't be removed, the player just won't detect it and the fox icon will turn purple. Unofficial players such as Kodi are unaffected by cinavia.

Thanks a ton Ch3vr0n. Installed AnyDVD HD on my htpc and using powerdvd it works like a charm. I appreciate the help and thank you for your time.
I know Kodi can playback without Cinavia but was looking for a solution to maintain the stock menu's etc. it is working great.

Thank you ddjmagic as well. I know stated the same above. You both were very helpful.

Back