• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Upscaling to 4K?

DQ

So until recently I have been super skeptical of any process (AI or otherwise) that claims it can upscale an entire movie. I thought it was possible with short clips where algorithms can hone in on a few specifics but never on an entire movie.

Well, I recently got to sample the work of @DaveO88 . I am not sure what software he uses or what process he goes through but holy hell the results are there. I have now watched almost an entire movie I previously only saw in 1080P (many times so I am super familiar with the movie). I have not watched the whole thing yet because it is so awesome to look at I am savoring it!

I am now a believer that in skilled hands this is possible. Dave, thanks so much for letting me sample your work. It is stunning!

I'm glad you liked the result
a few details from me

first the source material is stripped of disturbing things in the original resolution, such as film grain or compression details

9HZ8W4HJLhpwfc_FiKjM3B9EBPDiBIbT11IXwyQfhIK8QP4AmD7utn229AL?width=3838&height=1732&cropmode=none.jpg

fM9LjSDeL1WS84nwd-c45vSkmybQim1PdBMeAKOI6AwaM_WGbnJu4o3G-mJ?width=3832&height=1758&cropmode=none.jpg

2snBCa6ER0BoRyLElMNWecAd4UIHwoebBRIy5B_GyhMKjOX65jNWqH611t4?width=3835&height=1921&cropmode=none.png
Furthermore, the soundtrack is also revised because a 4K movie also includes a top sound for me. I then create a Dolby Atmos ADM BWF with 18mbit and a DTSHR as an output DTS:X HR

tiRhix6nwsycwv2kTY4wOnuamNimtbx1_YVRAcqUFmPaJof3n8G4pi8XdUR?width=3840&height=2089&cropmode=none.png gI352DRq6EODF_ZvCOZ_dhzPd2NMZfAIgCq0cCxjwHS7YnC-cKuh-B-WkUD?width=3840&height=2160&cropmode=none.png
the final editing is then done with Adobe Premiere Pro with further noise suppression, sharpening and color dynamics

9TR6FHreu_CLpYWeqn7HR3VRDV3LnWnGg8LqXALvm1wwR8FSiHpb3r2w_qo?width=3840&height=2160&cropmode=none.png

the final step is Adobe MediaEncoder which brings the footage to 4K UHD, HDR10, REC2020/PQREC2100 output at 4000nits and 60-70mbis

7BKpGQpSpdK47yvfOgYfwSYYGUWgWxrercWFws66E8TM5H7aNtVZdX9wMOiI?width=1719&height=807&cropmode=none.png

I watched it as well. Stunning! However, @DaveO88 - you missed to give details about the audio part of your work which makes it an absolutely fantastic experience that beats almost anything I've listened to before. If you don't mind, please also share that part of your work.

I can only show how the general procedure is, since the processing always depends on the audio material, but as can be seen in the video, the basics for creating Dolby Atmos ADM BWF are always there

Again, gorgeous work Dave.

Again, gorgeous work Dave.
I hope you have an audio surround equipment to fully enjoy it. Due to the many scenes of pouring rain my home cinema is now flooded with 15 inches of water and I have to enter it with rubber boots :whistle:.

haha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, DQ happens to have the American model of what's in DE as the Yamaha RX-V6A

haha :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:, DQ happens to have the American model of what's in DE as the Yamaha RX-V6A

Actually I believe RX-V6A is also an American Model. HOWEVER, I had found out by accident Costco sells the RX-V6A as the TSR-700. SAME EXACT device, but it's over something like at least $100 cheaper. It's a special sku only for Costco.

Actually I believe RX-V6A is also an American Model. HOWEVER, I had found out by accident Costco sells the RX-V6A as the TSR-700. SAME EXACT device, but it's over something like at least $100 cheaper. It's a special sku only for Costco.
...good. And what speaker setup?

Is there a program that does this automatically? Just up to 1080P. Can you recommend some? Thank you.

...good. And what speaker setup?

Polk all around (minus a Yamaha sub). Stuff I got years ago at a crazy discount as a younger man. It was expensive as hell 20yrs ago I cannot imagine what sort of crazy price it would be today.

Polk all around (minus a Yamaha sub). Stuff I got years ago at a crazy discount as a younger man. It was expensive as hell 20yrs ago I cannot imagine what sort of crazy price it would be today.
I have a 5.1.4 which means 5 regular speakers( Left, right, center, left surround, right surround), 1 subwoofer, 4 heights( left height, right height, left height surround, right height surround). The "pouring rain effect" only came with the heights. So - do you have height speakers to enjoy this effect?

I have a 5.1.4 which means 5 regular speakers( Left, right, center, left surround, right surround), 1 subwoofer, 4 heights( left height, right height, left height surround, right height surround). The "pouring rain effect" only came with the heights. So - do you have height speakers to enjoy this effect?

Yes I have 2 Polk front height speakers. They used to be rear speakers but I converted them to that purpose :)

Is there a program that does this automatically? Just up to 1080P. Can you recommend some? Thank you.
yes and no, you can set it to automatic but you won't be happy that way, I adjust everything by hand so that the result is the way I imagine it to be, but you're welcome to try the forerunner program yourself, that's how I did it and because it totally convinced me I bought it.
I'll send you a PM and you're welcome to tell us how your experiences are with it, but a good graphics card would be an advantage

Yes I have 2 Polk front height speakers. They used to be rear speakers but I converted them to that purpose :)
So you only got half the amount of rain. Lucky you regarding water - you missed the full blown show, however. Keep the file in a safe place and if you ever upgrade to 4 heights or even 4 heights plus additional sourround backs in addition - play it again, Sam!

So you only got half the amount of rain. Lucky you regarding water - you missed the full blown show, however. Keep the file in a safe place and if you ever upgrade to 4 heights or even 4 heights plus additional sourround backs in addition - play it again, Sam!

I have surround in the back.

Great, now "Baby Got Back" is stuck in my head.

Hopefully no back pain. I meant surround back HEIGHTS in addition.

Back