• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

updated to 8.0.1.0 and it says my license is invalid

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottlindner

I just updated to 8.0.1.0 and AnyDVD HD doesn't recognize my license. I purchased a lifetime license. I tried re-installing from the original license file that I was sent when I purchased it and it says it isn't a valid license. Has anyone else experienced this?

If it was a license purchased under Slysoft then that won't work with version 8 onwards. You would either need to purchase a new Redfox license or go back to 7.6.9.5

If it was a license purchased under Slysoft then that won't work with version 8 onwards. You would either need to purchase a new Redfox license or go back to 7.6.9.5

So our lifetime licenses that were promised and honored with your move will now be invalid? Why is that?

How do we rollback an installation?

So our lifetime licenses that were promised and honored with your move will now be invalid? Why is that?

How do we rollback an installation?
I don't work for Redfox, I'm just and end user like yourself.

I've never seen anything saying they would take any license forward into the new Redfox version. Not sure where you got that from

Typical. Pay for a "lifetime license" only to have the company change something that lets them back out of it. Why try to piss off loyal customers who already PAID? Bad business model if you ask me. I've been using the software FOR YEARS, now this. I'm calling bullshit on this whole "buy ANOTHER license" nonsense. I already bought MY license, why can't I just change MY name to retain MY license? RedFox seems to be of the opinion that changing THEIR name allows them "an out", so why can't we use their own logic here?

Typical. Pay for a "lifetime license" only to have the company change something that lets them back out of it. Why try to piss off loyal customers who already PAID? Bad business model if you ask me. I've been using the software FOR YEARS, now this. I'm calling bullshit on this whole "buy ANOTHER license" nonsense. I already bought MY license, why can't I just change MY name to retain MY license? RedFox seems to be of the opinion that changing THEIR name allows them "an out", so why can't we use their own logic here?

They did not change their name.
They were taken out of business. Entirely.
SlySoft is gone bye bye.

I get the fact SlySoft is gone.. but to have all their customer base have to pay an additional $100+ for a 2nd lifetime license? going to make all their "loyal" base leave.. I can see them needing to make their on money but offer those that have lifetime license a deep discount one time if that with a time frame or something.. Please look at something to offer existing customers a reason to stay.

I get the fact SlySoft is gone.. but to have all their customer base have to pay an additional $100+ for a 2nd lifetime license? going to make all their "loyal" base leave.. I can see them needing to make their on money but offer those that have lifetime license a deep discount one time if that with a time frame or something.. Please look at something to offer existing customers a reason to stay.
I purchased two new RedFox AnyDVD LTLs about an hour ago. I didn't leave to other, what I consider inferior, products, and will use RedFox AnyDVD for however long the devs keep improving it.

Oh dear!! A "lifetime licence" that don't work?? Imagine if Microsoft did that to a Windows key??
All I can say is F..K you with "lifetime" licence. I know it has changed to another firm, but has it really, or is it just a new way to get us to pay again? I know I won't. I will find another path. Goodbye and thanks AnyDVDhD

Wrong section, anydvd sections are reserved for disc problems only. moved to license section.

Not again. No rebrand, everything that can be said has been said. Use (Google) search. They never said they'd honor the slysoft licenses in the new versions. They said they'd honor license holders with discounts or something else. They are. The debates are over, case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back