• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

updated realtek hdmi driver now having issues with windows sounds after viewing movie

pheare

Hi all,

I have an ati 5700 vid card. I just updated the realtek hdmi drivers to r267 (from r264). using hdmi to an onkyo receiver.

Am using reclock 1.8.7.7. with mpc-hc.

Since the hdmi driver update I can still play a movie (mkv with HD audio ripped to flac) fine.

However, now, after closing mpc-hc all my default window sounds are wonky. Hard to explain what they sound like, but they are not right. Basically any sound I try play that does not use reclock (including the movie if I tell it not to use reclock) sounds strange.

I can 'fix' things so the window's sounds are normal again by either rebooting, or if I go into control panel --> sounds --> Realtek HDMI Output --> Properties --> Advanced and then change the Default Format option to something else and then back to what it originally was.

This did not happen until the driver upgrade. I have also tried reverting to the r264 driver, but I now still have the same issue.

If I do not use reclock when originally playing the movie, I do not have this issue.

does anyone have any thoughts as to what could be going on and/or any setting reclock or otherwise I can look at?

Thanks

Back