• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Updated AnyDVD and CloneDVD, now drive can't read discs ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

todd_k

I downloaded the most current updates yesterday for AnyDVD and CloneDVD. I installed both and rebooted. Now, my Sony DVD R/RW drive cannot read any discs. I tried 2 different DVDs and a CD. I tried accessing the drive through CloneDVD and through My Computer and the DVD tray ejects and prompts me to put in a disc. I checked Device Manager and there are no problems with the Sony drive showing up and the driver i'm using is the most current. Also, I am using MS Vista.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST!)

5. Anydvd can't see or detect my original dvd-video movie disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?

a) Keep your license key file backed up safely
b) Uninstall Anydvd (start-->all programs-->Slysoft--->Anydvd-->Uninstall)
c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

so I reinstalled AnyDVD and it worked for a few minutes...then CloneDVD was 51% complete with making the image and it errored out saying it could not read the disc. I restarted and then got the same problem as before, saying to put a disc into the drive.

I tried another dvd and was able to get 82% done with the burn when it froze and errored out. Now my DVD drive doesn't even show up in My Computer. What's next?

5. Anydvd can't see or detect my original dvd-video movie disc (or my drives can read cds and not dvds or vice versa). What should I do?

c) Reboot
d) Check to see if your system ("my computer") now reports a disc in drive. Do you see a video_ts folder (if you're using a dvd)? Do you see folders or files?

If the answer is "no" to "d)", then Anydvd isn't your problem. As Anydvd is not on your system, Anydvd can't interfere or block the reading process. Possibly your reader or burner is slowing dying, the original disc is bad, or a number of other possibilities exist as well (including messed up ide/sata busdrivers, bad cable on the back of the drive, etc.)

If the answer is "yes", click http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=1559 and follow the steps (note that step 4 requires you to post information)

c) Reboot

I reinstalled again with anti-virus/anti-spam/firewall disabled...no change.
I deleted Bus drivers, no change.
I downloaded imgburn:
===============================================
Filter Driver Load Order - ImgBurn v2.4.2.0
===============================================

Upper Device Filter: [None Found]
Upper Class Filter: GEARAspiWDM
Device: CD/DVD-ROM Device
Lower Class Filter: PxHelp20
Lower Class Filter: AnyDVD
Lower Device Filter: [None Found]

Filter Name: GEARAspiWDM
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\GEARAspiWDM.sys
File Version: 2.00.07.03 [2.0.7.3]
File Description: CD DVD Filter
Product Name: CD DVD Filter
Product Version: 2.00.07.03 [2.0.7.3]
Company Name: GEAR Software Inc.
Copyright: Copyright (C) GEAR Software Inc. 1997-2008

Filter Name: PxHelp20
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\PxHelp20.sys
File Version: 3.00.67a [3.0.67.0]
File Description: Px Engine Device Driver for Windows 2000/XP
Product Name: PxHelp20
Product Version: [2.0.0.0]
Company Name: Sonic Solutions
Copyright: Copyright © Sonic Solutions

Filter Name: AnyDVD
File Name: C:\Windows\System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys
File Version: 6.4.7.6
File Description: AnyDVD Filter Driver
Product Name: AnyDVD
Product Version: 6.4.7.6
Company Name: SlySoft, Inc.
Copyright: Copyright 2002 - 2008 SlySoft, Inc.

I reinstalled again

I didn't ask you to reinstall yet.

c) Reboot

so I reinstalled AnyDVD and it worked for a few minutes...then CloneDVD was 51% complete with making the image and it errored out saying it could not read the disc. I restarted and then got the same problem as before, saying to put a disc into the drive.

I tried another dvd and was able to get 82% done with the burn when it froze and errored out. Now my DVD drive doesn't even show up in My Computer. What's next?

It's likely your drive is dying. You never said how the drive did with AnyDVD UNinstalled - I suspect the problems are still present. Device Manager only reports that the soft connection is OK ... it can't detetct failING hardware.

-W

It's likely your drive is dying. You never said how the drive did with AnyDVD UNinstalled - I suspect the problems are still present. Device Manager only reports that the soft connection is OK ... it can't detetct failING hardware.

-W

Would CloneDVD have anything to do with this? Sometimes the drive shows up, sometimes it does not. When I ran DriveCheck that I downloaded from Sony, there is a dropdown menu where you have to select your drive. The dropdown menu was blank.

Time to call home

Would CloneDVD have anything to do with this? Sometimes the drive shows up, sometimes it does not. When I ran DriveCheck that I downloaded from Sony, there is a dropdown menu where you have to select your drive. The dropdown menu was blank.

If the SONY diagnostic will not recognize that drive it's time to call home (SONY support) and find out why. The symptom looks a lot like the drive is dropping ready and is having a difficult time establishing a disc is really in the tray.

If the drive "sometimes" does not even show up that is telling me the IDE adapter in your PC is saying "nobody's home" at the end of the cable. Another indication that the drive is not able to maintain a "present" or "ready" status.

No, AnyDVD can not tell the SONY diagnostic that your drive is not there but you can alway right mouse the AnyDVD tray fox and click "exit", then call up the SONY tool I told you about. ;)

This is a pretty simply concept, todd: if you uninstall Anydvd and Clonedvd and still have problems (can't see drive or disk), the problem has absolutely nothing to do with Slysoft software. If, at that point, the sony diagnostic tool also doesn't work or reports problems, that also has absolutely nothing to do with Slysoft software.

This is a pretty simply concept, todd: if you uninstall Anydvd and Clonedvd and still have problems (can't see drive or disk), the problem has absolutely nothing to do with Slysoft software. If, at that point, the sony diagnostic tool also doesn't work or reports problems, that also has absolutely nothing to do with Slysoft software.

You responded without using copy and paste. congratulations. I'm sorry for wasting your time. maybe you should seek a new line of work that doesn't involve dealing with the public and using customer service skills.

You responded without using copy and paste

I probably wouldn't have to copy and paste what I've written originally if people actually read before posting.

maybe you should seek a new line of work

Perhaps you should read and parse what you read.

I think you're confusing me for a Slysoft employee rather than a moderator, which doesn't really surprise me if you also didn't read my signature. None of Slysoft's moderators in the English forums are Slysoft employees.

http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=4

"While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

We also reserve the right to ban anyone who wilfully violates the forum rules, as access to our support forums is a privilege and not a right. A banned customer is still entitled to support from the support system."

You've been banned for a week. Should you continue to behave in the same manner you will find this account banned permanently. :policeman:

Thread closed. :policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back