Unicode filenames/characters issue?

Discussion in 'AnyStream' started by tectpro, Apr 13, 2021.

  1. tectpro

    tectpro Translator (ms_MY)

    Hello,

    I noticed that there seems to be a Unicode issue with certain filenames/characters.

    Example:
    Windows shows in Explorer: DuckTales - S01 E01 - Don't Give Up the Ship

    When I use the CLI and run for example FFmpeg it shows : DuckTales - S01 E01 - DonÔÇÖt Give Up the Ship

    Once completed it's showing normal in Windows Explorer again, but the Unicode issue still persists.
     
  2. Lowpro

    Lowpro Well-Known Member

    I stumbled upon this as well. I'm authoring all my downloads to Blu-ray. I forget which one now, but one of the TV seasons I authored to Blu-ray was initially tripping up the authoring software I was using. When attempting to process a particular episode the software would immediately crash. I determined the issue was with the characters used within the filename which appeared normal, but must have contained a mess like in your example. I renamed the MP4 file manually typing the same thing that was showing which resolved the issue.
     
    whatever_gong82 likes this.