• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to rip star wars Blu-ray Disc

Garry_W

unable to rip star wars blu ray dvd (Starwars The Complete Saga - WW 52293 BD SE)
Error reading from drive D:!
Sectors: 10826528-10826559
Sectors: 10905248-10905279
Sectors: 10906336-10906367
Sectors: 10907424-10907455
Sectors: 10908512-10908543
Sectors: 10909568-10909599

unable to rip star wars blu ray dvd (Starwars The Complete Saga - WW 52293 BD SE)
Error reading from drive D:!
Sectors: 10826528-10826559
Sectors: 10905248-10905279
Sectors: 10906336-10906367
Sectors: 10907424-10907455
Sectors: 10908512-10908543
Sectors: 10909568-10909599

Bad disc or drive, sorry.

To avoid future confusion: "blu ray dvd" is like saying "car helicopter".
It's either a Blu-ray Disc or a DVD :)

My copy of the Bourne Ultimatum is a Blu-Ray DVD :D
Ah yes, Universal tried a few of those BD/DVD flippers here in the States; still have one of those. :( Still, SuperPeer(tm) is right: Either it's a Blu-ray or it's a DVD. :doh:

Mine worked fine. I'm guessing it's a bad Blu Ray. Sometimes they have very poor manufacturing. Take it back and ask for a new one, since it has trouble playing. =)

Sometimes I think it's another form of copy protection. Someone just slightly scrapes a bluray and it can't be copied. It may play fine in a bluray player but not work in a bluray drive. I don't think there are workarounds in a bluray player, I think the bluray players do something superior in the hardware to that in a drive. I had success using Novus cleaner, type 2 then 1, and follow the directions. At least on one disc anyway. But two different bluray drives didn't work in the same way, only one, a Pioneer surprisingly, could back it up, which had previously stalled at 70%.
Look carefully at the disc for *anything* that looks like a scratch, if something just wipes away it's not a scratch.

You think wrong in both the protection as hardware superiority idea. There's no way the studios would deliberately scratch discs. Not only would it be impossibly to control scratch depth, it's also impossible to know what the effect would be to the customer.

Some drives are just more tolerant to scratched discs, and that's all there is to it. Blu-ray doesn't have a bad sector emulating protection.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Sometimes I think it's another form of copy protection. Someone just slightly scrapes a bluray and it can't be copied. It may play fine in a bluray player but not work in a bluray drive. I don't think there are workarounds in a bluray player, I think the bluray players do something superior in the hardware to that in a drive. I had success using Novus cleaner, type 2 then 1, and follow the directions. At least on one disc anyway. But two different bluray drives didn't work in the same way, only one, a Pioneer surprisingly, could back it up, which had previously stalled at 70%.
Look carefully at the disc for *anything* that looks like a scratch, if something just wipes away it's not a scratch.

Any chance of providing actual evidence of such a protection? Not that scratching can't occur on a disc but that it is intentionally done as a form of copy protection.

Any chance of providing actual evidence of such a protection? Not that scratching can't occur on a disc but that it is intentionally done as a form of copy protection.

SafeDisc, as one of the first CD-ROM copy protections comes to mind. (Some readers would take several hours to complete the intended read errors in the lead-in on the disc before the main content.

More information: http://www.myce.com/article/SafeDisc-2-Explained-and-Defeated___-181/

I also recall an application for music creation (Magix Music Maker, unsure of version) with a bit of reversed SafeDisc, where the read errors was in the end of the data with some thousand blocks in the middle where the real information read when verifying an original disc was located.

That's a protection stimulating bad sectors, there aren't any actual ones. The bluray disc standard doesn't have that protection defined.

That's a protection stimulating bad sectors, there aren't any actual ones. The bluray disc standard doesn't have that protection defined.

Nor does the CD-ROM standard, I doubt this is the case here but it is not unlikely someone tries creating such a protection (and will fail as hard as SafeDisc did)

Back