• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to copy files / create .ISO from Survivor Season 34 DVDs

Dave Scafe

I am trying to create ISO images of all my DVDs, but I am unable to get AnyDVD to read discs from this set:

Survivor - Game Changers - Season 34 - USA Region 1, (2018)

Version: AnyDVD HD 8.6.2.0 (BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)

I have tried two different computers (Win 7 & Win 10) with 2 different disc drives.
I have tried and failed with multiple discs in the set (neither disc 1 nor disc 2 can be copied. I haven't tried other discs in this set.

The discs play fine on a regular, standalone DVD player.

On my computer, I can see the files but I cannot copy them. Error is "Can't read from the source file or disk."

AnyDVD Ripper will create an .ISO image, but that image is unreadable by VLC.

Any help getting the DVD files to copy to .ISO would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.6.2.0_Info_D_SURVIVOR_34_D1.ziplog
    155.3 KB · Views: 4
Success!
Setting the drive to Region 1 resolved the issue.
Thank you very much!
Great to hear that.
While AnyDVD get's around the protection, it seems to be necessary to set the drive's region for DVDs in some cases. BDs apparently don't need that.

Great to hear that.
While AnyDVD get's around the protection, it seems to be necessary to set the drive's region for DVDs in some cases. BDs apparently don't need that.

There's a real simple explanation for that. For DVD's with CSS encryption, it's the DRIVE that checks the region on the disc and it's needed for CSS decryption due to key exchange. BD's don't have CSS, they have AACS and its the DISC that does the region checking of the PLAYER.

There's a real simple explanation for that. For DVD's with CSS encryption, it's the DRIVE that checks the region on the disc and it's needed for CSS decryption due to key exchange. BD's don't have CSS, they have AACS and its the DISC that does the region checking of the PLAYER.
Thanks for repeating it, I only remembered that it is a thing, not why.
However, it goes beyond my understanding how a DISC can check the player. It's only a piece of hardware with some data on it after all.
The player reads the disc and then the firmware can verify the data, but how is it supposed to work the other way around?

Who says the player is hardware. PowerDVD is a thing remember, in that case PowerDVD is the player. Not the drive, for BD's the drive is no more than a tool that spins the disc.

Back