• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to Connect to Server

This message is being displayed because something is blocking the the Game Jackal service for receiving a connection.

The fact you are getting event messages re named pipes is odd, I can only suspect some other application is interfering with your machine's ports.

The diag app is able to determine the port is open, however the service once started is not seeing the connection.

Can you try with the Windows firewall disabled?

OK. I disabled windows firewall. I also disabled my antivirus.
I set user account control to normal. I get the same results.

Then I uninstalled 4025 cleaned the registry. Installed 4026, same error. Tried the new gjdiag. Same results.

Then I ran the gjdiag against 127.0.0.1 instead of localhost. The log file is attached. I can ping 127.0.0.1.

Attachments

• GJDiag.40307.8262008102.zip
    391 bytes · Views: 1
Using 127.0.0.1 will force the diag app to connect as if the server was on a remote machine. This is an interesting approach, however you will need to ensure the Game Jackal service is running first. You do this by selecting Start service from the GJ start menu.

If the service is running and you get the same result... then we need to start looking at other network tools to try and determine what is going on here.

Also you could try the diag app using the machines ip address.

Ok. Reran the series of tests. Started the service before every test. Attached are the results.
Note that using localhost does not allow saving a logfile.
1. localhost with firewall (added permission for server and manager to firewall)
2. 127.0.0.1 with firewall
3. 192.168.0.15 with firewall
4. localhost with firewall disabled
5. 127.0.0.1 with firewall disabled
6. 192.168.0.15 with firewall disabled

Sending you a pm with my system info

Attachments

• GJDiag.zip
    298.9 KB · Views: 1
Haven't given up yet. :) I have learned a few things.

Some of my local security policies were not set to the defaults. I put them either in default state or into the XP/vista mode where available. - It didn't help :confused:

In my research I found that the Bonjour protocol was causing problems with iTunes. Disabled it. It didn't help gj.

I downloaded tversity and found that that app also seems to have problems.

The name localhost used to be resolved by %1\etc\hosts.
In win7 it is resolved internal to the dns client. It resolves to ::1 - ipv6 loopback and 127.0.0.1 - ipv4 loopback.

I replaced my windows firewall with a free one from pctools. I rand the test and as you can see gjd did resolve localhost to 127.0.0.1 and made a connection. It never sent any data and did not seem to know that a connection was made since it retried 10 times before throwing an error.

Attachments

• gldlocalhost.zip
    160.8 KB · Views: 1
Thats for the info. We made some changes with v4.0.2.5/6 which would appear to be the cause of the issues being reported. We are looking at way to test this and should have something soon.

Back