• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Unable to Connect to Server

Johnmullins

I downloaded GJ today 4/13/2010 and installed. Rebooted and attempted to start the app. Got the Error from Manager "Unable to connect to the Game Jackal server. Please contact support. Error - No connection available"
Click OK and the app closes. Server is running, log attached.
My system is a win 7 x64. Attached is a dxdiag report specifying my system. Attached is also my av and firewall info.
Any thoughts?

BTW I did uninstall, reboot, install, reboot and try again with the same error.

Attachments

• avsw.zip
    264 bytes · Views: 2
  • DxDiag.zip
    6.6 KB · Views: 1
  • Server.zip
    472 bytes · Views: 1
Followup

After studying the forums I looked at my network configuration. I re-enabled My Home Group service and listener. It did not help.

I did look through my event log and found the following error which 'might' be related.
NMSAccessU error: 231
Unable to create named pipe

I know that NMSAccessU is NOT involved. But not being able to created a named pipe might be. With earlier version of windows you could set the number of named pipes that a client could use in the Lan Manager settings. With this new Auto-tuned stuff I cant find anywhere to set it. :(

I have not seen this error before. It sounds as if there are some core Windows networking components either missing or not working.
Do you have CDBurnerXP installed?

I have exactly the same problem !

A few days ago, I realised that I had 2 versions of GJ in my installed programs : a 3.xxx and the 4.024 ; I unistalled the 3.xxx and that was the beginning of trouble :(
I was unable to launch the V4
I unistalled and reinstalled it several times ; no way

Thanks in adavance for your help

I do not have CDBurner XP installed. I am running win 7 x64. I am not having problems with my networking. I share and use folders with windows machines (XP), other win7 machines, Apple, and linux.

Here is a list of my services.

If you want I will PM you with my local security policies. For obvious reasons I will not post them.

Attachments

• running services.zip
    12.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I uninstalled 4.0.2.3 rebooted.

Downloaded 4.0.2.5, installed rebooted.

It has the same error.

Same here

I down loaded the latest update instaalled and then I cant run the program the error message is
Access violation at address 0053BEB6 in module server.exe read address 00000000

I have uninstalled the program done the shut down rebooted reinstalled and still the same error
my os is win 7 proffesional 32bit and prior to this update the program worked fine the program opens but when I try for my profile I get the above error code help :bang::bang:

Tanker12uk It would be less confusing if each different error had its own thread. :doh:

I am not trying to attack you just point out that many people read the forums. If they just look at the title, they would never notice your error.
John

I just installed v4.0.2.5 as well, and get the same error as Johnmullins on a fully patched XP system with Service Pack 3.

Sorry but is this not the same error

Hi John
I thought this was the same error in so far as we have all downloaded the latest update and in one form or another are getting the same error message which means we all have a program we enjoy useing and now can't going back to the old way of playing games is a real pain not to mention loseing so much game play data
I just hope that there is a fix heading our way soon
Tanker

I'm getting the same message. I was using game jackal and switched to another game and that was it. I tried a few things too (uninstalling,loading older versions,etc.) to no avail. Can anybody help me resolve this?

Last edited:
Some good news I hope

Hi Guys
I have had the same problems and gave up uninstalled the lot back up files everything went back into my software files and installed a very old version
CLIENT VERSION: 3.2.1.4 and every thing works fine I think I'm turning off the update for a while
Downside a lot of game play lost up side it works and I will get a better score this time round [I hope] the program is still as good love it to bits but this last update was not one of the best I hope they sort it out soon

cheeers Tanker

Need to be clear here that everyone is getting the following error in the event viewer

NMSAccessU error: 231
Unable to create named pipe

If this is not the error you are getting, please create a new thread.

The actual error should be: Error from Manager "Unable to connect to the Game Jackal server. Please contact support. Error - No connection available"

That is the error that is given by GameJackal. The named pipe error is NOT a GJ error. It was reported by windows event logs. It has no direct connection to GJ. I included it as a possible lead. Sorry for the confusion.
John

Ah, I thought the event error was being caused by GJ connecting.

We are creating a tool to help diagnose this issue.

Ah, I thought the event error was being caused by GJ connecting.

We are creating a tool to help diagnose this issue.

Hi,
Posted this as a new post " Hi,
Have searched the forum but can't find an answer to mach my problem with GJ.
Was working fine even after installing version 4.25 until two days ago now I get an error message, Unable to start the Game Jackal Server. Contact Support.
Have tried un installing and re installing without joy.
Running XP Home Service Pack 3 32Bit, anti virus Avast 4.8 Home Edition.
Can't send you an error log file empty, please see attached.

Cheers smee." but think perhaps is same problem as discussed above.
Is there any more news on a solution?

Cheers smee :bowdown:

Attachments

• GJ.jpg
    GJ.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1
The diagnostic tool is now complete and will be deployed in the next release. In the meantime we'll put up a beta version on the forum for some testing.

Matthew,
I downloaded and tried the diag tool. It did not create a log file but did display a failure message. I have attached the output and error.

Attachments

• gjdiag.zip
    151.2 KB · Views: 3
Back