• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Un-readable on SOME DVD Players?

Recently some, not all, back-up recordings are unloadable on a two-year old Sony HD DVD player -- yet the same disk is always perfectly readable on my >5-year old GE machine. Were it the Sony player shouldn't all recent back-ups be unreadable??? Strange.

Does anyone have any thoughts to point me towards correction of this frustration? Perhaps there has been a software change, to either Clone DVD or AnyDVD, to account for this weird glitch?

Last edited:
Sounds like an incompatability between your choice of disc(s) and player. Some brands will play happily in one player, but not in another.

Taiyo Yudens (+R) play in my PS2, but not in my Daewoo. Verbatims (+R) play in both.

Last edited:
You might be right. I use Maxell DVD-R, which have always performed well but, now that you mention it, I did open a new batch around the time this problem began? I can give a different batch a try. Thanks for the tip.`

You might be right. I use Maxell DVD-R, which have always performed well but, now that you mention it, I did open a new batch around the time this problem began? I can give a different batch a try. Thanks for the tip.`

Quite possibly the Maxells. I've had poor experiences. You can't go wrong with Verbatims. I rather spend a few cent more / blank and have a WORKING back-up when time comes to use it..

-VBurner

I found something much worse than Memorex: TDK. Either CD's or DVD's, I have never had so many bad discs in the past 9-10 years as these TDK wonders.

I found something much worse than Memorex: TDK. Either CD's or DVD's, I have never had so many bad discs in the past 9-10 years as these TDK wonders.
I've not used TDK DVD's, but I've NEVER had a bad TDK Audio/DATA (Metallic) disc.

Last edited:
Back