• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ultra HD problem in PowerDVD

Kirben

I'm having a strange problem getting full screen in PowerDVD, when playing certain Ultra HD movies directly from the discs.
In TV move the colored BD/DVD title bar stays on the screen in full screen.
In PC mode it will only go maximed, with unresponsive colored controls (like the disc section screen) along the bottom.

The weird part is it only occurs with certain discs, live action movies (Spartacus, Star Wars) are fine, but all my animated movies (Coco, Incredible, Ling King, Soul) have this problem.

I'm using AnyDVD 8.6.2.3 / MakeMKV v1.17.1, with PowerDVD 21 (21.0.2019.62), under Windows 10 (19044.1826). Has anyone else seen this problem, or know a soluation?

I'm having a strange problem getting full screen in PowerDVD, when playing certain Ultra HD movies directly from the discs.
In TV move the colored BD/DVD title bar stays on the screen in full screen.
In PC mode it will only go maximed, with unresponsive colored controls (like the disc section screen) along the bottom.

The weird part is it only occurs with certain discs, live action movies (Spartacus, Star Wars) are fine, but all my animated movies (Coco, Incredible, Ling King, Soul) have this problem.

I'm using AnyDVD 8.6.2.3 / MakeMKV v1.17.1, with PowerDVD 21 (21.0.2019.62), under Windows 10 (19044.1826). Has anyone else seen this problem, or know a soluation?
Have you tried to contact Cyberlink and their Customer Support staff?

It might work out for you that way.

:)

Have you tried to contact Cyberlink and their Customer Support staff?
:)
I don't see that getting far, when Cyberlink realize I'm bypassing their copy protection methods, by using an unsupported graphics card for Ultra HD playback.

Their support seems rather useless anyway, their first response is to request screenshots, for a program that actually blocks the print screen key.....

EDIT: I found the exact cause of the problem, in case it helps anyone else. The problem only happens if you playback in SDR only, and choose to hide the option to ask again.

Last edited:
I don't see that getting far, when Cyberlink realize I'm bypassing their copy protection methods, by using an unsupported graphics card for Ultra HD playback.

Their support seems rather useless anyway, their first response is to request screenshots, for a program that actually blocks the print screen key.....

EDIT: I found the exact cause of the problem, in case it helps anyone else. The problem only happens if you playback in SDR only, and choose to hide the option to ask again.
Yes, their Customer Support can be a pain to get any help with, because I'm currently having an issue with PowerDVD 22 Ultra making folders for each file that I have on my system, even though in the past, whenever I had PowerDVD locate a folder, all the files underneath it would easily be listed in that folder only.

I even showed them what folders a previous version of PowerDVD did, which for me is PowerDVD 19 Ultra, which listed the files under any 1 folder normally, but they have been giving me conflicting information, and I'm about to give up on ever getting the issue resolved.

You should move to another setup. Some prefer Kodi or Plex. I prefer an Oppo clone and I'm very happy with it.

Back