• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ultra-HD Blu-ray PC disc drive has arrived

And since there is no real moves that is worth to copy I find this hard to go with. DVD/BD movies work just fine unless your planning to do some kinda audience viewing theater viewing maybe but the rest of us DVD/BD works pretty good. Spending more to get not much in return is waste of money and that is what they want us to do.

It takes time to be worth investing in having UHD backups, For now everything is expensive, The drive, the UHD movies, The blanks (assuming BDXL will be compatible) and the redfox UHD version that will be priced more (most likely). Personally I have no plans in buying UHD discs for now, Netflix 4K streaming is good enough for me. As a matter fact 4k streaming made me stop buying regular blu-rays, HDR looks awesome.

I'm glad UHD will get hardware support but I'm probably good with 1080P until a visually stunning movie gets released like Avatar 2 or something next year. I know movie crews are already shooting in 8K Red digital cameras to future proof themselves so the buck won't stop with 4K obviously. The way I look at it, we'll all have a mix of whatever format is sold and the studios will try to double dip by up-converting from the previous format.

[QUOTE="Netflix 4K streaming is good enough for me. As a matter fact 4k streaming made me stop buying regular blu-rays, HDR looks awesome."[/QUOTE]

Nooooo this is a scary trend for control freaks like me. It's basically like lease vs buy; you pay a subscriber fee and get spotty access to what you want depending on licensing deals and lose all control over owning the content. What will we do if discs disappear, backup streams with screencapture? That would be poor quality and warez.

I want UHD support since I have a sweet 4K IPS monitor, yo. Hate streaming, would rather have discs.

Last edited:
@PirateLaddo 2 posts within 30 minutes with the F word. Both posts edited, I urge you to read the forum rules again. You have a whopping total of 4 posts and half of them in violation of the forum rules.

Next such post may trigger a forum saying. You don't have to like something, but that's no excuse for such language.

Sent from my Nexus 7 (2013) with Tapatalk

Back