• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

UHD Playback broken on Windows 11 Preview

cybrsage

Ripped (to ISO, only way I do it) UHD playback worked properly on this PC on Win10, but no longer works on Win11. I tested many ISOs and they all act the same, the newest version of PowerDVD (21.0.219.62) says my PC does not meet the min requirements to play a UHD. The PC with Windows 11 does successfully play standard BluRay rips using AnyDVD. I use VCD to mount the ISOs.

I tested this with an older version of Win11 preview and with the most up to date one (10.0.22454).

I took the same UHD ISOs and successfully played them on another PC running Windows 10.

I did the test with both AnyDVD 8750 and 8751, same failed results on Windows 11 but success on Windows 10.

Figured I would give you all a heads up. The ISOs I am using were downloaded from rarbg for testing only purposes only. I have attached the anydvd log from the Win11 PC.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.5.7.1_Info_F_Rogue One UHD_FD2B0093_00000000.ziplog
    435.4 KB · Views: 3
Ripped (to ISO, only way I do it) UHD playback worked properly on this PC on Win10, but no longer works on Win11. I tested many ISOs and they all act the same, the newest version of PowerDVD (21.0.219.62) says my PC does not meet the min requirements to play a UHD. The PC with Windows 11 does successfully play standard BluRay rips using AnyDVD. I use VCD to mount the ISOs.

I tested this with an older version of Win11 preview and with the most up to date one (10.0.22454).

I took the same UHD ISOs and successfully played them on another PC running Windows 10.

I did the test with both AnyDVD 8750 and 8751, same failed results on Windows 11 but success on Windows 10.

Figured I would give you all a heads up. The ISOs I am using were downloaded from rarbg for testing only purposes only. I have attached the anydvd log from the Win11 PC.

I just tested with my Zack Snyders Man of Steel UHD ISO. I keep my ISO's on my NAS and PowerDVD 21 Ultra had issues trying to open and display anything for dialogs or menus with or without AnyDVDHD enabled when mounted using VCD with the ISO on my NAS. Like I could only see the OK text for the dialog telling me the disc was optimized for HDR and I don't have a HDR display on my PC.

I then copied the ISO to a local hard drive and mounted it with VCD and it displayed the dialogs/menus and played the movie correctly in PowerDVD Ultra 21. I'm not able to uninstall VCD to test with the Windows 11 internal mounting at this moment but it does seem to be treating a local ISO mount differently than a network ISO mount at least when mounting with VCD.

I don't think this is an AnyDVD issue (unless AnyDVD can be updated to work around the issue somehow) since PowerDVD didn't like the network mounted ISO with or without AnyDVD enabled and worked correctly when the ISO was mounted locally, and also when I inserted the physical UHD into the drive.

I'm running the released version of Windows 11 21H2 (build 22000.194)

Last edited:
An update - found out that sometimes PDVD will not work if an Insider edition of Windows is used. I have never run into this issue, but after being pointed in the direction of CyberLink I found that info in one of their forum posts. Wanted to full circle the issue.

Back