• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Ubisoft: Silent Hunter III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crestliner

Just purchased Game Jackal Pro and installed most of my games into this program. However one game in particular, the one above, will not install into Game Jackal. I get a "Protection System" window that appears with a lot of information, about the game and my computer system. Not sure where to go next and whether or not this game can even be used with GJ. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

Game Jackal doesn't support Starforce.

I'm sure you are correct, but now show us where that info appears in the pre-purchase marketing blurb

I've looked and I can't find it anywhere - no prior disclosure = deceptive marketing ???

Last edited:
I'm sure you are correct, but now show us where that info appears in the pre-purchase marketing blurb

I've looked and I can't find it anywhere - no prior disclosure = deceptive marketing ???

No. Slysoft has never made any claim that Game Jackal works with Starforce nor with all games, and people can readily make use of the 21 day free trial to discover that for themselves if they wish before purchasing anything.

Last edited:
Interesting. Of course, the hype on the first page states, ...."for all your games." But then again, what do I know? I guess it's O.K. as long they have your money!

Last edited:
the phrase "all your games" is not usedon the slysoft pages, but they do say this!

" Using Game Jackal Pro eliminates the need to insert the CD-ROM before playing your favorite title, therefore allowing you to fire up your favorite game in seconds "

Now if your favourite games uses starforce, or safedisc, this is simply untrue, and there are no buyer beware warnings anywhere on the page.

some folks jsut buy, based on product description, and do not use a free trial - they could well feel misled

a "fair " description should say that GJ works for x% of games that use protections a, b, c,,, but does not work for any games that use protections x,y,z,

or, if that's too complex. quote a single percentage which takes into account the market penetrarion of the various protection mechanisms.

Things are different with a product like ANYDVD where a fix will rapidly be released for any new problem dvd; in that case a claim to work for "all" is justified. But for some games there is no prospect of a GJ fix, ever, as you helpfully pointed out for silent Hunter II

a consumer who is happpy with anydvd could well expect the same success rate with GJ & purchase it without a trial. only to be let down.

the phrase "all your games" is not usedon the slysoft pages, but they do say this!

" Using Game Jackal Pro eliminates the need to insert the CD-ROM before playing your favorite title, therefore allowing you to fire up your favorite game in seconds "

Now if your favourite games uses starforce, or safedisc, this is simply untrue, and there are no buyer beware warnings anywhere on the page.

some folks jsut buy, based on product description, and do not use a free trial - they could well feel misled

a "fair " description should say that GJ works for x% of games that use protections a, b, c,,, but does not work for any games that use protections x,y,z,

or, if that's too complex. quote a single percentage which takes into account the market penetrarion of the various protection mechanisms.

Things are different with a product like ANYDVD where a fix will rapidly be released for any new problem dvd; in that case a claim to work for "all" is justified. But for some games there is no prospect of a GJ fix, ever, as you helpfully pointed out for silent Hunter II

a consumer who is happpy with anydvd could well expect the same success rate with GJ & purchase it without a trial. only to be let down.

Thank You!

Posting a percentage or listing of the exact games not supported due to the type of protection isn't feasible, IMHO. The majority of games are handled and the software is constantly updated.

What further baffles me is that Crestliner installed the software immediately and then installed their games. Why didn't they actually try their games before making the purchase? As much as I trust Slysoft I always always install and try software before purchasing it to see if I like how it functions and if it functions as advertised.

While the website doesn't explicitly say that StarForce cannot be handled neither does it say every game disc can be handled. Reading the forums would give more insight into the software and be something a prospective buyer might wish to do in researching. I'm not going to fault the person but I know that's what I do when I am looking at purchasing software.

Finally, obviously, Crestliner is unhappy with the software. While I fully believe they should have installed and tried the software with their games before purchasing it they can contact Slysoft Support (http://www.slysoft.com/en/contact.html) and ask for a refund. Explain the situation and the reason for your problem and they might grant the refund. Since I don't work for Slysoft I cannot make guarantees on this but they do want their customers happy.

I'm finding it more and more common these days where people are installing the Slysoft software and encountering an issue after purchasing and it is one that they would have discovered if they had actually used the trial version for the 21 days they get before making the purchase. I cannot stress enough how much people should make use of free trials with any software program they are thinking of purchasing. It really is in the user's best interest.

Please contact Slysoft Support, Crestliner, if you would like a refund and see if you can get the situation sorted out to your satisfaction.

Last edited:
Thank You!

So, you were not telling the truth. The Slysoft website never states "all your games".
If you're going to use quotation marks, it would be wise to check your sources first.

Last edited:
Now if your favourite games uses starforce, or safedisc, this is simply untrue,

No. Game Jackal does support safedisc. And as for starforce, there's no guarantee that Game Jackal will never support starforce.

There is at least one protection that Anydvd hasn't handled for months but probably will in the future as well, by the way.

and there are no buyer beware warnings anywhere on the page.

There's a fairly big one on the purchase page.

Only if they're borderline illiterate

from http://www.slysoft.com/purchase.html

"Important Note
Our products are offered as 'try-before-you-buy'. You can try them free for 21 days in order to evaluate the software and the functions before you proceed here and actually make a purchase. If you proceed here you accept our purchase terms and SlySoft Inc. does not refund your money if you are not satisfied with our products.
Download products for evaluation from the Download page, not here. "

This section is highlighted on the purchase page.

Pretty hard to miss, unless, of course, the buyer doesn't read.

If you're upset, then contact Slysoft as Drinklyeanddie stated.

Otherwise, I consider this thread little more than troll nonsense.

Thread closed.:policeman:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back