• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Two simple questions: what is virtual sheep and installing new versions

S

SLOVEHEART

I am new to VCD, I am wondering what is virtual sheep? And with new versions of VCD can one install them over the older version, or does the older version need to be uninstalled first?

Thanks for any help...:)

Gives you a sheep icon for your virtual drives. I always just install over the old version.

I am new to VCD, I am wondering what is virtual sheep? And with new versions of VCD can one install them over the older version, or does the older version need to be uninstalled first?

Thanks for any help...:)

1. From the Virtual CloneDrive manual:

„Virtual Sheep“: This helps to better keep the virtual drives from physical drives. You can select the Virtual CloneDrive Icon to mark your virtual drives as an option
  2. Yes, you can install an update right over an existing install. I would recommend unmounting images before doing so, however. It may not be required but I still do it nonetheless. I also exit AnyDVD, CloneDVD, or any other Slysoft program so that shared files aren't being used. As a result I don't have to reboot after updating.

Gives you a sheep icon for your virtual drives. I always just install over the old version.

Okay Thanks - damnskippy!!
  1. From the Virtual CloneDrive manual:

2. Yes, you can install an update right over an existing install. I would recommend unmounting images before doing so, however. It may not be required but I still do it nonetheless. I also exit AnyDVD, CloneDVD, or any other Slysoft program so that shared files aren't being used. As a result I don't have to reboot after updating.

Thankk You for the extra info - Another (maybe stupid) question - where can one find the VCD manual? Never mind - I found it in program list under start - Many Thanks for the fast help...

Back