Two audio streams

Discussion in 'CloneDVD' started by Clarity3, Nov 25, 2007.

1. Clarity3

Clarity3 Well-Known Member

I see on some DVD's two AC3/6 audio streams and when choosing to back up only the main title both are selected.
    Is there a reason for two audoi streams and are both required for the back up?

2. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

While this question is specific to Director's comments, the general advice is still applies.

from Frequently Asked Questions (READ BEFORE YOU POST)

7. Why am I only getting Director's comments or having other audio related issues with my backup?

3. Clarity3

Clarity3 Well-Known Member

Webslinger, thank you for the reply.

Apologies if I am revisiting old questions, however, I think mine may be slightly different. I have not found a way to include a screen shot yet, so please accept my description.

DVD; "Perfect Stranger" - CloneDVD2, one title no, extras - On the lower half of the screen entitled 'Title 1 stream configuration', under the heading Audio streams, there are two streams both with the name
    'English Dolby AC3/6', both are checked.

Subtitles are unchecked.

I am not sure if this is the only disc but having looked at quite a number of my 'master' DVD discs they all appear to have just one 'English Dolby AC3/6' name.

My question is really based on the need to include both as the compression becomes quite high with the two streams.

4. Webslinger

Webslinger Retired Moderator

And my response is the same. In the instructions I quoted, they tell you to listen to the audio (powerdvd, for example) in another player to test to see what you need.