• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Tutorial - How to Rip Blu Ray to DVD disc.

Don't have no clue as to what you did wrong, but there are several of us that have done a hundred or more Blurays to DVD using ConvertXtoDVD.
And as I stated, you could just input the original m2ts file without the need of using x264 first, via Handbrake, BDRebuilder, or RipBot.
But if I were to use x264, I'd be more inclined to use BDRebuilder to at least output to BD structure, then use ConvertXtoDVD afterwards.....
But Nero Vision's encoding sucks, that's the main issue with what you suggested. Might even be better off using DVDflick after Handbrake if you must, but if free was essential, I'd go with AVStoDVD first.

Oh, no offense taken, I personally think nero went to shit about 3 versions ago when they decided they needed to include everything and the kitchen sink in their software. Whenever someone tries to do that, its inevitable that they will screw it up and the customer will end up with some half assed software. I have no doubt that vision sucks, but I was just trying to offer something to the pc crowd, as im 95% MAC, but i realize that 95% of this forum is probably pc. Thats why I suggested in my post for someone to post some other freeware that would do the same thing nero and toast do.

thanks though.. I will try AVStoDVD.

I didnt even think to try nero!, thanks, that sounds even easier. Ill try that next time. I do have the blu-ray plugin as well for it. Did you use recode or vision to do it?

not sure why you had a problem with the .mp4 on toast. were you in the make dvd section like I mentioned in my guide? I tried it in toast 9 and 10 and it worked in both. But like you said, if nero can do it from the master, thats the way to go. No use in re-encoding multiple times.

And yeah, I always use handbrake to rip to my apple tv. Seems to be the easiest way ive found so far. Interestingly enough, I was just going to take my apple tv with me, until I found out the tv where I was staying did not have component or hdmi connections, so I was out of luck, hence my ordeal in making a standard dvd I could take with me.

I used Nero Vision 5 , I haven't upgraded Nero in awhile. I did not notice any quality issues in Visions that others say exist... but who knows its like up to version 9 now I think...

On the mac side I took a bd rebuild version of 2012 and had handbrake look at the m2ts file and it started to do its thing and all seemed well but the resulting .mp4 was unplayable and Toast deemed it invalid....

I keep hearing about this convertxdvd program but have never tried it...

Try the Nero and see how it works out for you and post your results.

The Nero conversion I made took about 3 and half hours to do on a normal Intel dual processor 3 year old type machine , so I dont know what that guy was talking about needing an i7 and hours to do the convert....

I do the same thing, did 2012 last night. Bluray to DL disc using BDRebuilder, then take that 7.51gb Stream file (m2ts) and use AVStoDVD (free software, it uses HCenc for a 2 pass encode) to make a 4.3gb DVD compliant disc. It looks very good with an upconverting dvd player and great on the smaller screens of a computer or car play. It's only 2.1 sound but I think it would really surprise everyone how good it looks. I've given out a couple to friends to see if they would play on different standalones and they all thought that it was a regular DVD. So, don't knock it if you haven't tried it.:p

The problem here is bd rebuilder to dvd-9 DL takes a long time to re-encode , a whole step can be saved by just throwing the whole big m2ts file at Nero and have it make a dvd-5 SD playable disc..... Unless your using a powerful machine a rebuild using bdrebuild to dvd-9 takes like a whole day or more....

Back