• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trying to hookup my xbox 360 hddvd to pc for ripping

Medwynd

This may or may not be the right forum for this so I'll give it a shot.

I purchased AnyDVDHD with the hope I could rip my HDDVD to my pc. But before I can even get to that point I cannot seem to get the hddvd drive to recognize any discs.

I tried this under XP 32 bit and Vista 64 bit with no luck. Both OS's seem to install the drivers properly.

Under XP the device manager shows the drive as TOSHIBA DVD/HD x807616 USB Device and in explorer it shows the drive as DVD Drive. If I put any sort of disc in it and try to browse the drive I get a message to insert a disk. I've tried standard dvds, data cds, and HDDVDs to no avail.

I've pretty much hit the end of the internet trying to find a solution for this. Anyone have any ideas?

Always post a log file from AnyDVD, so we can see your system.

I moved your post as it's clearly not an CloneDVD issue.

Can you get the drive to work in your XBOX (ie is it dead already). You need to install the Toshiba UDF drivers (use google to find this) to view the disks under XP, but not in Vista.

UDF enabled

If so it almost sounds like a bad drive. You stated that it could not read any disks whatsoever
________
Marriage Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Try what Mike said first, does the drive work when connected to the 360?
If i recall correctly before I upgarded to Win7 from XP, AnyDVD would recognize the drive and I could rip but I couldnt browse to it at all. In order to actually view the files before I ripped or skip AnyDVD and watch directly from drive I needed the UDF drivers. Search this forum, they are here someplace.

Thanks for the responses. I dont know if hooking it up to my pc did something to the drive or not. It did work on my xbox before I hooked it up.

After I hooked it up to the pc I did briefly get it to see an HDDVD, Poseidon to be exact. But then I went and tried to get it hooked up back onto my xbox to check the drive and it wouldnt read anything.

Then with some cable futzing I did get it to read Serenity. Thinking the drive was working again I brought it back to my pc and it wouldnt read again then back to the xbox and I couldnt get it to read a disc after that.

Could easily be that my drive went bad, which is bizarre since we barely used it.

This drive is clearly mocking me. After leaving it sit overnight I took it from my 360 up to the pc for one more shot and it read the serenity disc in it. Eject then re-close the drive and it doesn't read again. Ugh.

Back