• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble with the witch

92mustang

Ripped this movie with anydvd ripper and it seems to decrypt only the special features region 1 ZIPLOG ATTACHED

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_D_THE_WITCH.ziplog
    802.3 KB · Views: 16
Impossible. Anydvd rips the entire disc or not at all. Decryption is fine. Whatever the problem is, is with the program you're using to process the rip.

Ripped this movie with anydvd ripper and it seems to decrypt only the special features region 1 ZIPLOG ATTACHED
I am using the latest anydvd ripper and it only decrypted the special features that is why i attatched the logfiles

Not according to the logfile. Decryption went just fine. What do you want to do with the rip and what are you using to do it.

I am using the latest anydvd ripper and it only decrypted the special features that is why i attatched the logfiles
after decrypting the file size is only about 1and half gigs it was like it did not even see the movie

after decrypting the file size is only about 1and half gigs it was like it did not even see the movie
I tried to rip on a different computer same result there must be a new protection

That's not what the logfile states. Now, right click the rip folder and select properties. Take a screenshot of the result and post it here. However, the movie isn't scheduled for USA DVD release for another 4 days. It could be a new protection. The devs will need to take a look, if that's the case a new version may be required but that will not be released until the licensing system is up. You did well in providing the logfile. Post that screenshot too

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 5 met Tapatalk

That's not what the logfile states. Now, right click the rip folder and select properties. Take a screenshot of the result and post it here. However, the movie isn't scheduled for USA DVD release for another 4 days. It could be a new protection. The devs will need to take a look, if that's the case a new version may be required but that will not be released until the licensing system is up. You did well in providing the logfile. Post that screenshot too

how do you take a screen shot

Print screen button next to F12 on your keyboard, digital camera, smartphone camera,... I'm sure you'll find a way :)

Seems to indicate a new protection. The status window displays total size as 8144MB. The devs will need to take a look. Some patience is now required, do keep in mind what I said earlier about a new version being needed.

Seems to indicate a new protection. The status window displays total size as 8144MB. The devs will need to take a look. Some patience is now required, do keep in mind what I said earlier about a new version being needed.

Thanks I figured that much just wanted the crew to get a jump on it

Impossible. Anydvd rips the entire disc or not at all. Decryption is fine. Whatever the problem is, is with the program you're using to process the rip.

Usually. But always not when it runs into a strange protection.

And when someone (who's not even a "new member") tell us he did a Fox rip and personally observed an impossibly small output folder - since when do we ever make them "prove it" with a screen shot?
Most people know how to right click a folder and read the properties. (note that I said most - LOL)

-W

PS: When dealing with a new release; This tendency to DENY, DENY, DENY, first - and later having to fall back on the "new protection", that was presumed by the OP based on his observations and was just trying to help. Really?

There are also read errors present be they from a newer protection or another reason and that is always a bad thing. A developer, obviously, will need to take a look.

@Clams I was going by the initial evidence in the log. Now, as to the measures I asked to do try be sure, well they were asked to be sure. Can we please stay on topic?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

Impossible. (fail)
Anydvd rips the entire disc or not at all. (bigger fail)
Decryption is fine. (epic fail)
Whatever the problem is, is with the program you're using to process the rip. (spectacular fail)

My apologies.... (but since OP's issue is "resolved", until James can see the log and react to it)
There's no reason not to "chit-chat" a bit about methodology.
Your very first reply to this thread was kind of a "self nomination" to become a topic.
As a mod: Feel free to break this sub-set of this thread out into a new thread/topic of it's own to avoid clutter.
I'd suggest calling the new thread. "How *not* to respond to a post." :)
I'm not discussing "moderation" here - I'm discussing our overall "methodology" on replies to OP's.

I've just never seen an initial reply to any poster here, that made four, back to back, unmitigated (totally declarative) statements,
100% of which, were all spectacularly epic FAILS - each compounding the problem as they mounted.
The way we as "Alpha Members" handle posts like the OP - is the conversation.

I've said this before gently, but this thread has every single element that I've warned against.
We should avoid declarative statements, and instead opt for words like "usually", "unusual", "most of the time", "99% of the time" etc.
This gives us "wiggle room", and at the same time is better troubleshooting than mere "presumption". (particularly re. new releases).
Not only that, but we then don't wrongly appear as blind "fan boyz" who would "circle the wagons" first to defend AnyDVD's honor - and (perhaps) troubleshoot later.
Troubleshooting is a science, requiring that method rule the day, and our past experience merely inform the work, not dictate some pre-determined answer.

When I first read this thread, I felt badly for the treatment '92mustang received.
He had already (correctly!) determined that: this was a new release, that it was behaving strangely, and he posted mostly to give the Dev's a heads up about it.
His reward? A bombardment of defenses, belittling demands, and an overall poor "user experience" here.
We can all do better than that. And Redfox (being new) deserves better.

-W

Last edited:
Listen, I'm not going to debate what I said. I said what I said based on the visual evidence at hand. It's not that I didn't believe op when he stated a small folder, I go by the evidence I see and the log indicated all fine except for a few read errors. When the image was posted I could then proceed and looked up release date and went from there. That's all I'm going to say, now can we stay on topic? It's up to James to add support.

This looks like a defective disc and / or drive to me. But I am not 100% sure.

EDIT: May be a new protection. You have to wait for a new AnyDVD version.

Last edited:

Well there we have it. :) Note to 92mustang:
The reason James can't call it '"for sure" via the logfile alone, is that there is such a thing call "unreadable sector protection".
This very much mimics a defective disk with truly unreadable sectors. The only was to test it, is with a new beta.
Four days from now, Tuesday the 17th, a lot more of us will have it and upload some logs too - that will help.
It's the #2 movie next week (behind De Niro's "Dirty Grandpa"), so no doubt if the problem is "universal" this forum will light up.
Stay tuned!
-W

I ripped the disc from 2 different computers with the same results i ripped dirty grandpa with no problems region 1

Back