• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble with clean copies

Tracy Wright

I've been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for several years now and have had very few problems. The problems I have had get fixed fast. I love SlySoft products. The DVD burner in my desktop died and I'm in the process of replacing it now. I have both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 installed on my Laptop. I have been using it to make back up copies of some of my DVDs and it just started making bad copies , they skip, sometimes my DVD player won't even reaSummary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.8.9.0)
SONY DVD RW AW-G540A 1.W0 JUL03,2007
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD+R
Media is a DVD.

Total size: 1964608 sectors (3837 MBytes)
d them. I've de-install the programs and reinstalled them and I'm still having the same problems with making bad copies. Can anyone help?

Last edited:
I've been using AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 for several years now and have had very few problems. The problems I have had get fixed fast. I love SlySoft products. The DVD burner in my desktop died and I'm in the process of replacing it now. I have both AnyDVD and CloneDVD2 installed on my Laptop. I have been using it to make back up copies of some of my DVDs and it just started making bad copies , they skip, sometimes my DVD player won't even reaSummary for drive F: (AnyDVD 6.8.9.0)
SONY DVD RW AW-G540A 1.W0 JUL03,2007
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Current profile: DVD+R
Media is a DVD.

Total size: 1964608 sectors (3837 MBytes)
d them. I've de-install the programs and reinstalled them and I'm still having the same problems with making bad copies. Can anyone help?

Might start with a firmware update. Current is 1.W2 (12/22/2009). You can get it here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNTZ398UXC&upd_id=5383&os_id=7

Also note that laptop drives are notoriously cheap and poor.
Fix your desktop ASAP. :)

-W

Thank you!

Might start with a firmware update. Current is 1.W2 (12/22/2009). You can get it here: http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=VGNTZ398UXC&upd_id=5383&os_id=7

mmdasvis, Thank you so much for your imput! I've tried different recording speeds, un-installing disc drive and re-installing, then the same with the program software. The copies seem to get a little better with less skips here and there. The orginal disc seem to be clean and no scratches and the blanks are Philips, ( I've used hundreds of them in the past and never had problems with them in the pass.) I just got a new DVD burner for my Desktop but of course the connections are not the right ones so I need to send it back to CompUSA. I'm still trying to get my laptop burning issues worked out. It's kind of strange that both my desktop and laptop are both having burner issues at the same time! Again, thank you for your imput, I'll keeptrying till I get them both fixed. If you ever need from me, let me know, Tracy

Thank you!!

Also note that laptop drives are notoriously cheap and poor.
Fix your desktop ASAP. :)

-W

Thank you for your imput with the cheap drive comment. These days your lucky if you get what you pay for. I'll keep working on my burning issues till I get them resolved. I've been using SlySoft for over five years and love it. In the past the minor problems with ripping issues have been fixed fast. This time is a little worse with burning issues. I'm in the process of replacing the DVD burner in my desktop. I just got a new one from CompUSA but I need to send it back. It has the wrong connections! Do you have any recommendations? Thanks again, Tracy

Thread?

I'm not as computer smart as I wish I was. No training! Sorry for stupid question, but can anyone tell me what is a thread?

Thank you for your imput with the cheap drive comment. These days your lucky if you get what you pay for. I'll keep working on my burning issues till I get them resolved. I've been using SlySoft for over five years and love it. In the past the minor problems with ripping issues have been fixed fast. This time is a little worse with burning issues. I'm in the process of replacing the DVD burner in my desktop. I just got a new one from CompUSA but I need to send it back. It has the wrong connections! Do you have any recommendations? Thanks again, Tracy

Most newer drives are SATA - if you have an older Machine you need an IDE drive. I get mine on Ebay as a rule. LOL

-W

Back