• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trouble playing disc backup on my blu-ray player

Nais

Hi there,

I made a 1:1 backup from a commercial blu-ray disc using AnyDVD HD "rip to image" feature, then burned the iso file on disc using ImgBurn. The disc is playing without any problem on my computer but when it comes to run it on my standalone player Sony BDP S790, the playback is stuttered for some chapters. For 1 or 2 seconds the image freeze or there's no sound. Despite the movie is playing well at the beginning. I did not notice any scratch on the surface of the media (Verbatim BD-R DL 50Go).
Could it come from anti-copy protection not properly removed when ripping?
Appart from trying to burn the image on another media, is there any other thing I could check in order to understand what went wrong?
Thanks for help.

I would use rip to folder method if you are going to playback the disk on a hardware player, and use default settings for Imgburn. And, make sure your Sony Blu-ray player has the latest firmware updates.

BD-R 50GB dual layer ( 1to1)

AnyDVD HD (rip to folder method)
Imgburn (default settings)

Ok, many thanks for these advices. I'll try again and post an update once done.

I burned the image file at 2x speed, which is the slowest supported by my Verbatim discs. It seems to have completely solved the problem. I previously attempted to write at 6x.
I haven't tried the Rip to folder method yet.
Many thanks for your answers.

Back