• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Trade HD-DVDS for Blu-Rays

Rusty257

Warner is backing a program trade in your HD-DVDs for the Blu-Ray version.

http://www.red2blu.com/

Appears you just send in the cover art and not the disc, so you would in the end have two copies of the movie. $5 per movie up to 25 plus a flat rate of $7 for shipping.

If anyone is interested.

I was mildly interested.

And then I discovered the offer is restricted to U.S. customers only. :p

want me to hook you up?

Nah, thanks for the offer though. I appreciate it.

This thread will probably garner more interest in the High Definition Software forum, so I'll move it there.

Last edited:
Yep, just did this today for the following movies:

- Batman Begins
- Blade Runner
- Pan's Labyrenth
- V for Vendetta

I have only a few other HD-DVD's that I own that I hope the other major studios does a similar offer. I'm looking at you Universal Studios. :agree:

I'm considering doing it, but have to talk one of my friends in the US into letting me use their address like I did when I put in for the free discs that came with my HD DVD player

I'll be looking on aution sites soon for HD-DVDs with no covers.

I wonder if anyone will trade in the HD DVD of Superman Returns with Dolby TrueHD for the Blu-ray version with DD @ 640kbps, ha ha!

I wonder if anyone will trade in the HD DVD of Superman Returns with Dolby TrueHD for the Blu-ray version with DD @ 640kbps, ha ha!

why not ? you only trade the cover for a BD disk.

I'm just going to do hi-res scans of the original covers before I send them so I still have copies of the original covers to put back on the discs

Warner Bros. will swap your HD for BluRay

For 4.95 and your HD cover art WB will send you the same title on BluRay. you keep your HD disk. I'm going to try a couple titles and see how this works out.

http://www.red2blu.com/products.html

Worked as advertised, got the BR disks back in about a week.

Back