• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Toy Story RIP errors

maddad11

VERSION NUMBER: 8.1.2.0
DISC TITLE – TOYSTORY1 - US version
PROBLEM: When trying to ‘Rip Video Disc to Harddisk’, it give the error message listed below and aborts.
“Default” status was set.
Hardware: I have two DVD burners – the primary one and the one I tried the first to times is a LITEON drive. I never have issues with that drive.Normally with this software (and the previous Slysoft version) I simply use DVD shrink to burn my DVDs. With some DVDs, I now have to RIP the disk. It has worked fine so far with 3 other DVDs when I rip to the harddisk.
ERROR: FileIO 3 VTS_22_1.VOB 1982414848 573440

DETAILED CHRONOLOGY

The first time trying to RIP this Toy Story DVD to the harddisk it failed. The drive took quite some time to figure out the file structure before getting started. It failed (I think around 7% but don’t quote me on that) and gave me an error message (can’t remember the message, think it’s the same as discussed below). I created a log file (designated ‘first’ in file title).
I then came to the forum and now am following the explicit instructions on what to do.
I set the “Default” status.
I then tried to rip the DVD to the harddisk again.
When trying to RIP to the harddisk, it got to 41% complete before giving the following error message: FileIO 3 VTS_22_1.VOB 1982414848 573440
When I clicked OK on that window, it gave me the warning that it will Delete the created files (I think it is aborting at this time). If I click no, it removes the error message and the rip window says Aborted.
I created another log file at this time. It took quite a bit of time creating the log file and I could hear the drive chattering quite a bit.
Two logfiles are attached – the first one was taken before I set “Default” status. The second one was after I got to 41% completion and it aborted again.
CHANGE TO 2nd DVD DRIVE:
Next , I tried my other DVD drive – different error message. The drive took quite a bit of time to figure out the file structure. I then started the rip process – The ERROR MESSAGE said:
‘AnyDVD exception! Please send this AnyDVD dump file to bugs@redfox.bz with a shor description how to reproduce…’.
AnyDVD then closed on it’s own. I had to restart it.
I then tried to create a third log file (for this other DVD drive). It gave the same error. The dump file is attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_E_TOYSTORY1.first.ziplog
    648.1 KB · Views: 8
  • AnyDVD_8.1.2.0_Info_E_TOYSTORY1.second.ziplog
    644.3 KB · Views: 2
I believe your disc is dirty and / or defective.

Yes - I think I concur. I just got the bright idea (DOH) to play it in one of my players. It made it all the way through chapter 20 then got hung up. Let's assume that's the case - another one is on the way. I'll update once I get another one to try. thanks

Of course, its nice to hear your reply rather than "go read the instructions, upload your log file, check to make sure you have not ...."!

There was no nead to point you to that sticky. You posted all needed info and included 2 sets of logfiles :) James had everything he needed. If only everyone did that ;)

To close out the post - yes, the prior DVD was defective. Another came in and all worked as it should. thanks for the support.

Back