• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Toshiba HD DVD Players

jack2346

I have an LG BD and HD DVD combo external drive. Which software player will accept this format to play?

I have an LG BD and HD DVD combo external drive. Which software player will accept this format to play?

Not sure what you mean software that plays it? You either have to have software like WinDVD or PowerDVD with BD option to play BD media. Is that what your asking? WMP will not work with BD media because of codec patents. And then the computer has to recognize and install the driver to use the ext. drive to get it working.

If you are running under Windows XP, you'll probably also have to find, download and install the udf 2.5 driver needed for your op system to recognize HD-DVD & Blu-ray optical media file formats.

I use PowerDVD 7 version 3730a to playback all of my HDDVD`s from the Disc or ISO. It also plays Blu Ray Discs too. I believe version PDVD 7 3730a was the last version that allowed HDDVD playback, so dont update the program even if it asks you too or you will no longer be able to playback HDDVD`s. I always select cancel or no when it tells me that I must download a critical update to be able to play a particular disc and that disc in question always played without the update when attempting to play the disc a second time. Nova935

At its most simple level, with AnyDVD HD running to decrypt a disc and UDF2.5 drivers installed to provide disc content visibility, Media Player Classic with LAV filters will play back an .evo file (file type used to store AV information in HD-DVD) directly and will allow soundtrack selection.

HD-DVD generally did not split a movie into more than 2 EVO files and often named each file descriptively, so it is a simple matter to locate and play the first main feature EVO file followed by the second. Although there will obviously be a break between playback of each part, it's no big deal.

Also, extras are stored in individual EVO files and often named so that you know what each one represents.

HD-DVD is much easier to playback directly than Bluray, with its many unlabeled M2TS files.

You need something like PowerDVD if you want seamless playback via menus and with automatic soundtrack selection and subtitle presentation.

Back