• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Toshiba HD-A2 Question

Rbarlow

Has anyone tried to use the extension ports (behind the front door), which I believe are just USB ports), to use the Toshiba HD-A2 as your HD-DVD drive? When I opened the door and realized these are just male USB ports, my brain started thinking, all you would need is a male-to-male USB cable. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. My thought was just to hook it up to my laptop and, if it recognizes the drive, I can use this for my HD-DVD drive. If anyone has tried this, or would like to, please let me know. I don't have a male-to-male USB cable to try this. If anyone does, please let me know if this will work. It may be that the output signal doesn't come out of these expansion ports. There isn't much information about them in the manual other than that they "may be used in the future for additional control options." Thanks.

I'm thinking definitely not.

USB 2.0 ports - Yes; 2
USB port function - For downloading additional content for movies that support this feature

The USB port is not connected to the drive.

Question

Thanks for your response. I am just curious where you got that quote. I know the ethernet connection is for downloading additional movie content, but not the USB connectors.

It's from a google search on the Toshiba A2 USB. I don't have the link in front of me right now, but, if you google for those terms you should be able to find it. It was a page selling the Toshiba but it had that listed as one of the features. Nonetheless I'm quite sure what you're asking to do will not work.

Thanks

The more I have read, the more I am positive you're right. Thanks for saving me some time! However, you have to admit that if it did work, it would be wonderful!

No doubt. That's why I went with the addon for my Xbox 360. Now that I've built my HTPC it was very easy to just plug in the 360 drive and be done with it. Eventually I'll get a combo blu-ray/hd dvd sata drive for the HTPC and then the 360 drive can move to the bedroom. MS really did a good thing by releasing it as a USB drive that can work on both the 360 and a PC.

Back